Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC to College.

Options
  • 08-09-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm currently studying FETAC Level 5 in Creative Media and I want to continue my studies after that by going to a college (DKIT) to do a Level 8 degree. However I failed maths in my leaving cert, can I still get into college if I get the required points for the level 8 course from my PLC? I'm really unsure at the moment what my routes are so I am going to repeat my maths as single subject along with my plc but I just wanted to know if it's possible to skip repeating my maths or do you think I need it for a requirement?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,169 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You need to ask DKIT if the FETAC course you are doing is acceptable for the course you want to do. If the Maths in your FETAC course is acceptable, then you won't need to repeat the LC Maths.

Make sure to get responses in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

A bunch of people on my PLC failed Maths, they were advised to either get a Distinction in the Maths module we have this year, or repeat LC Maths. Most colleges are fairly strict on it.

Advertisement