Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to contact Humanist Celebrant?

Options
  • 08-09-2014 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking for a bit more information on having a Humanist wedding. We are looking to get married in May/June 2015 in which i would expect would be a busy time for the Celebrants. For those that have had a Humanist wedding did you contact Celebrants before or after getting a venue in order to ensure that they have dates available?

Would hate to fall in love with a venue and clash on dates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

I'm planning on getting married in Summer 2016 and I've contacted a celebrant already ... when I emailed her last month, she already had a week in June and a week in April booked up. If I were you, I'd get emailing. Since last year, they've become very popular due to the fact they can now perform a legal ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

I doubt any would be available to be honest,, unless you are getting married on a Thursday? You could just say the county and tell them the venue later..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭fits

Many are booked for 2015 already. You would be lucky to get one on a weekend. Maybe midweek might be easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cool, will get emailing so!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thejaguar

Get on to them today. As said above, they are very busy now since the change that allows them to perform legal ceremonies.

We just got married this summer with a humanist ceremony - we rang every single one on the HSE list last November and were lucky when our celebrant had a cancellation which meant he could do our wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,216 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

thejaguar wrote: »
    Get on to them today. As said above, they are very busy now since the change that allows them to perform legal ceremonies.
    The Spiritualists have been performing legal ceremonies for years. They're a church. It's the humanists who have only recently been able to do this, and who are experiencing a boom in demand.

Advertisement