Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richie Hogan - Big Player for a Small Man

Options
  • 07-09-2014 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Mesmerised at how much of a class act Richie Hogan is. But more so with his versatility despite his size.

I am a bit taller than him but would never dream of playing a GAA match in midfield, centre or full forward! (I don't hurl).

Surely a midfielder would want to be well over 6' especially in hurling these days.

What is his SECRET??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

TheCoolWay wrote: »
    Mesmerised at how much of a class act Richie Hogan is. But more so with his versatility despite his size.

I am a bit taller than him but would never dream of playing a GAA match in midfield, centre or full forward! (I don't hurl).

Surely a midfielder would want to be well over 6' especially in hurling these days.

What is his SECRET??

He is an unreal player, knows how to make good use of ball. When Michael D was greeting the players and he was shaking hands with Ritchie the two of them are nearly the same height!!

Was speaking to a KK relation of mine over the weekend about him, he was saying for his size he is tough and takes no prisoners when playing. And he def NOT a dirty player.
    I was in awe the last day when KK beat Lim and the 2 shoulders he took before he scored the goal, it didn't effect him!!

I'm from Waterford and would love to have a player like him on the team for us.
    The lads on TSG saying he was injured playing the last 15 mins.
    Big loss if he is for replay.

Cha Fitz is well forgotten about with Ritchie Hogan around!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

i was at match today as a neutral . the man was unreal .always seemed to make everything looked so easy and create space and time for himself . didnt see sunday game but presume he was motm .best player on pitch by a distance in a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,756 ✭✭✭corny

Its like he's overcoming a disability. :rolleyes:

Savage hurler. His size is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

corny wrote: »
    Its like he's overcoming a disability. :rolleyes:

Savage hurler. His size is irrelevant.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,327 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

TheCoolWay wrote: »

What is his SECRET??

Skill, toughness and hard work.

It just shows that you don't need to be 6 foot plus and built like a tank in order to be one of the best hurlers in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Skill, toughness and hard work.

It just shows that you don't need to be 6 foot plus and built like a tank in order to be one of the best hurlers in the country.

He is built like a tank to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Great handballer too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

To be fair accurate shooting is crucial, if he had hit 6 wides yesterday instead it would have been quite different

Advertisement