Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formica Supplier .....

Options
  • 07-09-2014 10:16pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I now find myself on a quest similar to searching for the holy grail, i,m looking for a supplier of formica sheets.

I,m about to commence replacing the units in my vintage camper, and I am going to use Formica.....if I can source it.

I have considered other options, from pre laminated sheet material to solid surface material. But Formica suits my needs best.

Any pointers in the right direction for Formica, or any other HPL, preferably in Ireland, would be most welcome.

Thanks.

kadman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭knickerbocker

Try Dublin ply&veneer, they stock 3m sheets of formica.... www.dpv.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Try Dublin ply&veneer, they stock 3m sheets of formica.... www.dpv.ie
    Ya DVP would be great price wise as well

Or try noyeks in finglas.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Nice one lads, thanks for the input.

I think I,ll get well sorted with the links.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Hold onto the offcuts. There good for burning lines on woodturnings.

• Advertisement

woodturner wrote: »

Iv just learned something new :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Iv just learned something new :-)

Its brittle stuff. You need to have it glued down to plywood/mdf to cut it, unless you get it pre-cut to your specifications.

Oh ya recipo I know its brittle. I have worked with it an awful lot in the shopfitting industry. I just never heard of it being used to burn lines into wood turnings.

Oh ya recipo I know its brittle. I have worked with it an awful lot in the shopfitting industry. I just never heard of it being used to burn lines into wood turnings.

If you use your skew to make a small v cut when you push in the edge of the formica into it, it will burn the line.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

recipio wrote: »
    Its brittle stuff. You need to have it glued down to plywood/mdf to cut it, unless you get it pre-cut to your specifications.

I,ve always cut it with a sharp knife or chisel, before gluing it to the article in question. Its easy enough to cut.

Pencil line..scribe..snap..job done.

Aye I'v had to do it on site like the a few times. I usually use the panel saw to cut it to size in the workshop

Advertisement