Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going alone to a wedding

Options
  • 07-09-2014 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I know the wedding present/gift amount is a thread done to death So I apologise for bringing it up again! I'm wondering what the etiquette is if you are invited as a couple to a wedding but where only one of you is able to go (other person working away) would you give your usual gift as a couple or a bit less?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well is is like a couple as in ye have have been going out for a good few years, or married or a boyfriend.. I still think it is up to what ye can afford to give on the day whether going as a couple or not... I wouldn't stress too much about it..

If it was a boyfriend who lets say maybe a year or two and they do not really know him I would say just give for yourself.
    If tis a long term boyfriend and they know him give from two of ye.

But all in all give what ye can and do not worry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

It depends on how close we are. If it is a close friend of both of us then we'd give our usual gift. If we go alone and the other one doesn't know the bride or groom at all we'd probably give a little less. I went alone to a wedding last year (I was my gay friend's plus one and my husband had never met the couple getting married) so I gave what I'd give when I attended weddings before I had a partner.

Advertisement