Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future WWE HOFers (The Locks, The Maybes and The No-Hopers)

Options
  • 07-09-2014 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭

I know a Hall of Fame debate kicks in annually in the run up to Mania every year but I was listening to a Podcast last week which stated that a Randy Savage doc has been commissioned and the host instantly touted that with the DVD good to go it's seems it would be highly likely that we'll see Macho Man Hall of Fame bound in the next year or two.

This got me thinking, with Macho being the last of the Hulkamania megastars to make it into the HOF. He is very much in the same league as Hogan, Warrior, Perfect, Bret, Austin he can't not go in.

So with all the marquee names from the 80s in the HOF, I'd like to see who you think are future HOFers. It is pretty easy to pick out absent wrestlers that are destined to be class headliners but who IYO are the less obvious guys/gals that are worthy of a HOF ring.

I saw a thread on another forum at about the "if Koko B Ware is in, anybody can get in" we'll pass over this.

Thinking out loud

Locks:
    Sting, Taker, Trips, Cena, The Hardyz, Vince McMahon.

Maybes I'd like: Vader, Goldust, Elizabeth, DDP, Luger, Goldberg.

Left of Centres: Doink

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Apropos of this, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter ballots have been sent out. Link

The North American wrestlers from the past three decades eligible are:

Junkyard Dog
    Edge
    Owen Hart
    Curt Hennig
    Ivan Koloff
    Brock Lesnar
    Fabulous Moolah
    Dick Murdoch
    Ken Patera
    C.M. Punk
    Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson)
    Sgt. Slaughter
    Jimmy Snuka
    Sting
    Ultimate Warrior

Previous inductees: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrestling_Observer_Newsletter_Hall_of_Fame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I wouldn't see the Hardys as locks tbh, they deserve it but there's other factors at play.

I hope Henry gets in anyway as he's the rare type that defied the odds in terms of staying relevant and even getting better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I can't see the hardys as locks unless they were to return to the company

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I'm surprised to see no mention of Kurt Angle. Surely a lock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

They don't like inducting to many wrestlers who have passed on so it restricts who they can put in each year.

But a shoe in Kevin Nash, Stan Hansen, Ivan Koloff, Rick Rude, Vader, The British Bulldog, Steiners, Demolition, Jim Cornette ( would love his induction speech) , Sting, Luger, Rick Martel, King Kong Bundy , Rock n Roll + Midnight express, JBL, Michael Hayes , DDP, Sid, Goldverg, pillman, Neidhart, Macho man and Elizabeth, New Age Outlaws, Natural Disasters, Sabu , Big Bossman , Chyna..... All I could think off.

Internationally they could put in muta kobashi , liger, misawa and giant baba.

Also current active wrestlers like taker HHH Kane will all go in.

Dudleys and Angle will also go in at some stage but obviously can't atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Locks:

Vince, Taker, HHH, Cena, Macho Man, Sting, Angle, Lesnar, Big Show, JBL, Kane

Would like to see:

Kevin Nash, Paul Heyman, Randy Orton, Ken Shamrock, Big Boss man, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Vader, Rick Rude, Elizabeth, Bam Bam Bigelow, New Age Outlaws

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I would love to see Raven get in I mean who care's if you were world champion 100 times once or never if you made an impact in wrestling you should get in

• Registered Users Posts: 60,382 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think a lot of wrestlers will get in as Groups/Tag teams that wouldn't get in on there own.

DX- HHH and Shawn (To join Flair with his second HoF ring) of course but Chyna, Billy X-Pac Dogg and Rude.

Macho Man in with Miss Elizabeth.

Rock n Roll/Midnight Express with Cornette.

Heyman with some of the top ECW guys.

The rib on Michael Hayes probably means he won't get in till after he dies knowing how Vince works.

Vince himself won't go in till after he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

No doubt, now she's dead, Joan Rivers will be inducted to the celebrity Hall.

Wasn't there talk of specific matches being inducted too at one stage?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kane should go in. Probably not a headlining name, but I'd consider it shocking if he didn't at some point.

The Rock isn't in yet, yes? He'd be a marquee name for whenever he does.

I'd like to see Goldberg go in, Jericho seems likely at some point. Can't really think of any others that haven't been brought up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

God it is funny who you would completely forget about Jericho. He is sure to go in. Like Kane a decent upper-midcard/mainevent career. A huge personality who will stand out as the first undisputed champion.

Ya would probably underestimate a good few guys and their stock value when it comes to being future HOFers, many present roster included, the likes of Big Show, Orton and Batista. TBH I think anyone that had a memorable and lengthy run north of the midcard is worthy of a place.

If Heyman was to go in with a few real ECW originals I think the real stand-outs for a place would be Sabu, RVD and Tazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Locks (future hall of famers):

The Rock, The Undertaker, Sting, DX, The McMahon Family, Randy Savage & Liz, The Hardy Boyz, The Dudley Boys, Big Show, Kane, Bam Bam Bigelow, John Cena, Randy Orton, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Rey Mysterio, Batista, Chris Jericho, Paul Heyman, Triple H, NWO (Hogan, Nash and Hall), Mickie James, AJ Lee, Rob Van Dam and Daniel Bryan.

I'd like to see in Hall of Fame some day:

DDP, Vader, Goldust, Luna Vachon, Demolition, Owen Hart, Jim Johnston and Rick Rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think a DDP is very likely to go in at some stage. Nothing to do with what he has done of late with Jake and Razor but for his WCW days. He was up there with Sting and Goldberg as being one of the most over faces in WCW during the white hot Monday Night Wars. That’s not something trival, that's a big big deal

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I think anyone who main events Wrestlemania deserves to be in there.
    Using that logic I would like to see Psycho Sid, Bam Bam Bigelow and Laurence Taylor(celeb wing) go in.

Also, an honourable mention to one of the best celebs act Ive seen on WWE tv and that is Kevin Federline. He was a natural heat-draw, so much so that many a heel today would be envious of it. He done a fine job in his match against Cena on New Years Day '07(although never took a bump)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not a bloody chance Federline should be near the HOF. He wasn't memorable, and he can't be seriously called a celebrity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea after last night Raw i can def see Joan Rivers going in this year in the celebrity wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Maria Menunous (spelling?) will go in eventually considering her relationship with WWE. Steve Lombardi will probably get in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

WWE HOF discussions make me laugh. Let's be realistic going my the precedent: everybody has a chance to go in. D Lo Brown can go in, Mabel can go in, British Bulldogs can go in... anybody and everybody from legitimately credible to meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,425 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Excuse me :p Vickie deserves to go in

Chyna deserves to go in as part of DX and on her own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Jim Johnston has to go in at some stage, imo he's done more for the WWE than any single wrestler has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

a long shot but I'd love to see Taka Michinoku go in

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've a feeling we may see Lex Luger go in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is Luger still wheelchair bound or is he walking again?

Is he on good terms with WWE?

His association with Liz's death could be a negative.

Advertisement