Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting LC Points to GPA?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Recently I've been checking out colleges outside of Ireland in the US & Canada, it says on their college websites that they require GPA's, however I'm kind of clueless as to how they'd go about calculating the GPA of a leaving cert student. Would it involve actually looking over secondary school transcripts(every grade the student has received) or just looking at the leaving cert points?

I never really focused much in secondary school until 5th year which explains why I got mainly average results. However for my leaving cert let's say I get a near perfect score, how do you think the colleges in the US would judge my record?

Advertisement