Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hardwareversand or Pcpartpicker Uk, which one is cheaper?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

So PCpartpicker has no Ireland as their region selector, so we can't figure out which parts are the cheapest on all online retailers. I heard about this hardwareversand in this site and almost all builders use this rather than PCpartpicker Uk (closest and amazon free delivery). So here's my question excluding shipping cost from UK which one is cheaper building using between this two website?. Also in another topic how much does hardwareversand shipping costs?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Go through compare.eu and you'll get the best prices on a number of European sites. HWVS is popular because they can English reasonably well and they don't seem to be afraid of doing business over the internet like a lot of other German companies. NewEgg are also on the job now delivering to UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The problem with UK sites is paying with sterling. Foreign exchange fees will add on a few percent, and the rate is subject to fluctuation. This problem does not exist when buying stuff from Germany.

Note that the comparison sites will just use the mid-market rate to convert sterling, you will not get this rate when actually buying stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Deluxe7

Shiminay wrote: »
    Go through compare.eu and you'll get the best prices on a number of European sites. HWVS is popular because they can English reasonably well and they don't seem to be afraid of doing business over the internet like a lot of other German companies. NewEgg are also on the job now delivering to UK and Ireland.

I heard that Newegg posting cost alot. And their products selection is not great as the US site.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Seo.OBriain

^^ Ye compare.eu a.k.a geizhals.de and hardwareversand.de are popular.

- Make your own list of parts you want and possible alternative specs e.g. Minimum Low-Mid spec, High-End Spec and even I can't but wish I could afford it - Beastmode Dream Spec.

- Open all the websites you can think of that might sell each part and paste the details and search.

- Same for 2nd hand parts on buy and sell type websites..

It will take a few hours over a few days and most of it will prob be a total fail but eventually you'll be happily surprised with some random deals you get to find and often in the least likely places.

Shipping is approx 7-10e for one order of parts from 1 website and usually won't get more exp.
    Be careful though, several separate orders could kill any savings you thought you were making from using just one website and email their sales team with an offer or at least ask for a discount if you're spending a lot.

GL

Advertisement