Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping snowboard+ bindings

Options
  • 06-09-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,
    anyone know what is the cheapest way to ship snowboard(162 cm long)+bindings from USA to Ireland, was looking for Burton Custom X size 162 wide 2014 model and only managed to find it in US for 445 dollars plus Cartel bindings for 150$. I know there is model 2015 but it is 700 euro board alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Watch out for customs, that price on cartels is great but the sting might well be in Mr Customs tail...

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭darka78

epopnomis wrote: »
    Watch out for customs, that price on cartels is great but the sting might well be in Mr Customs tail...

This is another factor to watch out, but my friend would put it as a gift and much lower price for package.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Optimum

epopnomis wrote: »

A couple years ago I got a brand spanking custom + bindings from the states, I got them ground shipped free to an uncle in chicago who then unwrapped from original packaging and took out delivery info,repacked and sent it on to me via FedEx as used board. Didn't end up paying any duty, as he lowered value of goods.

That's not saying you won't get stung for duty and of course they charge you to hold the package and to resend it out..

Optimum wrote: »
    A couple years ago I got a brand spanking custom + bindings from the states, I got them ground shipped free to an uncle in chicago who then unwrapped from original packaging and took out delivery info,repacked and sent it on to me via FedEx as used board. Didn't end up paying any duty, as he lowered value of goods.

Do you remember how much Fedex charged for shipping from Chicago to Ireland?

• Advertisement

darka78 wrote: »
    Do you remember how much Fedex charged for shipping from Chicago to Ireland?

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast yesterday, everything before that is blurry..

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast yesterday, everything before that is blurry..

Something says around the 70 dollar mark? Could be way off the mark with that, you should be able to get pricing on FedEx/USpost on their websites in relation to parcel dimensions + weight.

Something says around the 70 dollar mark? Could be way off the mark with that, you should be able to get pricing on FedEx/USpost on their websites in relation to parcel dimensions + weight.

I got 260 $ quote :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

I bought a board recently from US. Always ship via USPS. Faster shipping methods use the same planes.

Board was new 2014 restricted Burton US $336.75, $80 shipping (€60) and I think about €70 custom bill. Do you mind me asking who you are buying from?

I bought a board recently from US. Always ship via USPS. Faster shipping methods use the same planes.

Board was new 2014 restricted Burton US $336.75, $80 shipping (€60) and I think about €70 custom bill. Do you mind me asking who you are buying from?

I found stores called Zumiez friend of mine lives near those stores unless I find somewhere else cheaper online. Where you got yours? 70 Euro custom bill was based on 336$ amount?

• Advertisement

€70 was based on amount put down by seller and customs discretion. From paper work the seller put down $307.55 total including shipping. Came from a shop in California.

What year are the bindings?

€70 was based on amount put down by seller and customs discretion. From paper work the seller put down $307.55 total including shipping. Came from a shop in California.

What year are the bindings?

they are 2014 they called Burton Cartel Re Flex. Not sure what Re Flex stands for. Total comes 665$ including shipping to Ireland, so customs would charge around 120 euro or so?

Re flex bindings are for normal 3 or 4 hole boards. You need EST bindings for a Custom X.

The only packaging for the board is the plastic wrapper with stickers and the shipping box. The bindings would be in a Burton box.

Re flex bindings are for normal 3 or 4 hole boards. You need EST bindings for a Custom X.

The only packaging for the board is the plastic wrapper with stickers and the shipping box. The bindings would be in a Burton box.

Thanks for explanation, so need to find EST bindings somewhere else. Do you know any online store with reasonable price for Cartel EST bindings?

Let me have a look about. Got my 14 Cartels in snow and rock end of last year.

2015's are about €280 on ebay. You might be lucky to find 14's outside of the US. I was on to Burton a few months back looking for a different strap for my 14's and they said all stock was gone.

I take it you are looking for large bindings if looking at a wide board?

2015's are about €280 on ebay. You might be lucky to find 14's outside of the US. I was on to Burton a few months back looking for a different strap for my 14's and they said all stock was gone.

I take it you are looking for large bindings if looking at a wide board?

Large size yes cheapest I found in US so far is 269$. Not sure what year is that model.

Those ones on ebay are second hand but look in good condition. Expected wear on the highback.

There's a pair of large 14 Cartels here on blue-tomatoe with free shipping for €229.95
    http://www.blue-tomato.com/en-IE/product/Burton-Cartel+Est+2014-301061431-blood+orange/?back=PwGk9A

Those ones on ebay are second hand but look in good condition. Expected wear on the highback.

I would prefer black ones, dont really like color of orange. What board you ride yourself?

• Advertisement

I would prefer black ones, dont really like color of orange. What board you ride yourself?

Prices for Cartels is very high even for the 2014s.

I've found these though. Contact the seller and ask about shipping. Seller is in the UK.

Malavita - Black - Large - EST - 2014 - €163.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burton-Malavita-EST-2014-Bindings-Black-size-L-/271597305484?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Bindings_CV&hash=item3f3c75fe8c

You'll have to look at Customs or Missions if looking for cheaper.

This year I was on a Flying V restricted - The Great Gonzo. Great hybrid board. Next year I'll be using a Parkitect and probably the flying v on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

Have you tried hotzone.tv for the board? They have a custom x for €435 in stock it's a 164w. They have a regular 162 also. They are based in mayrhofen so you wouldn't have to pay import taxes from the states.
    What size boot are you? If your 10 or under a regular 162 would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Why don't you buy from within the EU? No customs to worry about.

karl83 wrote: »
    Have you tried hotzone.tv for the board? They have a custom x for €435 in stock it's a 164w. They have a regular 162 also. They are based in mayrhofen so you wouldn't have to pay import taxes from the states.
    What size boot are you? If your 10 or under a regular 162 would be perfect.

I need wide board my boots are 10.5 UK size and 164W would be too big as I am 83 kg in weight and 1.87cm in height.

cormee wrote: »
    Why don't you buy from within the EU? No customs to worry about.
    I would buy if I had good price, but not many(if none) left in EU for 162W 2013/2014 model. Unless you know where I can buy it in EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭karl83

I need wide board my boots are 10.5 UK size and 164W would be too big as I am 83 kg in weight and 1.87cm in height.

I'm the same height and riding a 159 Buckwild and it's perfect, I've also a 165W Antic which is good on occasion too. I was wearing Van boots size 11 that's why I had a wide board but changed to Nike and in a10 now. Much more comfortable and better feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

My experience (for what it's worth) I only ship USPS from state-side.
    Fedex,UPS and DHL will automatically pay your custom fees and then charge you for the privilege of doing so.
    Fedex lost a pair of boards on me and UPS would not deliver because the company had mixed up the lines in my address.

USPS (and an post) have delivered everytime (or pick up at a local collection) and I get away with custom charges maybe half the time.

Good luck.

Diemos wrote: »
    My experience (for what it's worth) I only ship USPS from state-side.
    Fedex,UPS and DHL will automatically pay your custom fees and then charge you for the privilege of doing so.
    Fedex lost a pair of boards on me and UPS would not deliver because the company had mixed up the lines in my address.

USPS (and an post) have delivered everytime (or pick up at a local collection) and I get away with custom charges maybe half the time.

Good luck.

Thanks for info, how much would you pay for delivery of snowboard with USPS?

Advertisement