Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage Rolex / Breitling

Options
  • 06-09-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi All,

Looking at purchasing a vintage Rolex or Breitling. Have about €1500 to spend. Any recommendations either online or bricks and mortar ?

Thanks,
    GLCC.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I haven't ever specifically looked for a vintage in either brand, but just on seeing prices over the years I can't see 1500 quid giving much if any choice G. I may be wrong there mind you.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭GLCC

Cheers Wibbs.

I have seen a few on ebay, Chrono24 and a couple of other sites in that price range. Was just looking for advice on reputable sellers really more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

If you want to 'see' some very nice vintages then wander in to Dawson st jewellers. That will give you a feel for the styles, sizes and brands.
    But their prices are OTT...albeit with some peace of mind.
    Dont limit yourself to just two brands. Perhaps decide on a certain style and top 5 brand and a certain decade....much bigger selection then!
    There are plenty of old threads on here with advice on buying online, hint and tips and pitfalls to look out for.

Advertisement