Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too early to plant Tulips?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I got some bags of tulip bulbs from Lidl the other day and was hoping to plant them now along with my daffodils as I then want to put bark down, however from what I have read I have to wait until November to plant Tulips? Can I plant them now or should I wait?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,848 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

on gardeners world last night, monty don mentioned you can plant them now, but it's best to wait till november.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Thanks, I think I'll just do them now then and cross my fingers. I dont think I can stand looking at the bare garden bed for another 2mths.

Edit: Actually I've decided to wait a bit longer - I've just put in some tiny autumn bedding plants so need to give those a few weeks to grow before the bark goes in as well otherwise I'll just be covering them over. So I might as well wait to put the tulips in as well to give them the best chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I planted some of mine yesterday, the earliest I've ever done so. Would have left them later but they are in pots underneath some ornamental cabbages that really needed to be planted out. I hope they don't come up too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Danj84

I always plant mine now and have never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Danj84

I always plant mine around this time of year and have never had any problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement