Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre pressure Q

Options
  • 06-09-2014 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭

I've noticed the mothers Yeti is rubbing the tyre walls visibly when the wheels are on full lock. The tyres are at the correct pressure according to the owners manual guidelines, two different pumps and a tyre pressure gauge.

The tyres don't look properly inflated however. They are 225/50/17s pirellis and it's a 1.2TSI.

ANY IDEAS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,320 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I've noticed the mothers Yeti is rubbing the tyre walls visibly when the wheels are on full lock. The tyres are at the correct pressure according to the owners manual guidelines, two different pumps and a tyre pressure gauge.

The tyres don't look properly inflated however. They are 225/55/17s pirellis and it's a 1.2TSI.

ANY IDEAS.

from a quick Google, it seems 225 50 17 is the correct size, not the 55 that's fitted. That an increased tyre side wall of over 11mm you have. Could make all the difference.

Failing that, maybe wheel offset issue if non standard wheels are fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

mickdw wrote: »
    from a quick Google, it seems 225 50 17 is the current size, not the 55 that's fitted. That an increased tyre side wall of over 11mm you have. Could make all the difference.

That's my mistake.

It's actually 50 and not 55. Original post corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Maybe just a big tire.

Depending on construction different tires that should have be the same are different widths and heights.

Advertisement