Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E36 Parts Galway

Options
  • 05-09-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everybody...Last year I purchased the less desirable model of all E36's, the 1995 BMW 316i Compact that needed some slight restoration. Nothing major, just the usual E36 problems, coolant system, air intake etc.

Anyhow, after almost a full year of it sitting in my driveway, I think its well due some life to be put back into it.

The problem I have encountered is the lack of E36's available for parts in Galway. After constant checks on Adverts and Done Deal etc., all of these cars seem to be in Dublin, Cork and almost anywhere but here. This wouldn't be such a problem if the parts needed were light and could be posted or I had a fortune to spend on new parts. As it stands, that wouldn't cost much more than the overall price I would be paying couriers up and down the country to deliver them.

So, with little hope of this actually working, but knowing I would be kicking myself if I didn't at least put it out there. Does anybody in the Galway area know of or have any E36's lying around or waiting to be broken?

Any help/advice/comments are greatly appreciated in this (so far) dreadfully annoying quest. Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Did you try the local breakers, I know the one on the main Tuam Galway road, near knockdoe/the road into Corrofin has a massive amount of cars, surely there's bound to be at least one hanging around. Think there's one in the city somewhere too, Lisbaun maybe?

Here's the list anyway, maybe you've already tried the local breakers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057101719

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What parts exactly are you looking for?

I have an e46, and have owned it for 2+ years...not point going down the route of second hand parts for anything cooling related in these cars imo. It's new, or don't bother. Most parts should be relatively cheap tbh. The most expensive parts for mine have been the rad, and now a pair of shocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I used to have a e36 and there are parts at breakers. Try adverts.ie and donedeal as well

Advertisement