Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Noob Question

Options
  • 05-09-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

So the plan is to forage into the grand world of DIY-ing, though I am very poorly equipped in basic knowledge of the art.

I've bought 100ml of Flavourless Base of PG in 12% nic and 100ml of Flavourless Base of VG in 12% ni. I have also bought 10ml of flavour concentrates in various flavours.

The question is this - would the following, as an example of a 'recipe', make any sense?

50% PG Flavourless Base 12%nic
    40% VG Flavourless Base 12%nic
    5% Water
    3% Flavouring A
    2% Flavouring B

= eliquid of roughly 12% nic

Also, is anyone aware of a tool/ calculator to break down the above into drops or mls or whatever to help a mathphobic individual in eliquid mixology?

I am aware the above will probably seem hopelessly ignorant to someone who has any level of proficiency in this at all.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

just google eliquid calculator and you will fine some.

mix small amout at first to see if you like flavour and to see what % flavour you should use.

i would make 10ml liquid at 10% flavour to start 9ml flavourless 1ml flavour concentrate , see if that is too strong , if it is i would add 25% flavourless if still too strong add another 25% flavourless ,

buying flavourless nick @ 12% wont be very cost effective id imagine , i buy 100mg/ml and add it to pg/vg

A easy way to calculate is required strenght * required amount divided by strenght nicotine base i.e

i want to make 100ml liquid , i want it to be 18mg/ml nic , i am using 100mg/ml nic base 100*18 =1800/100 = 18ml nicotine base added to my plain pg/vg

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

If you have an Android phone, Planet of the Vapes have a good juice calculator.

Just put ejuice calculator in the search bar in the play store

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

masonchat wrote: »
    buying flavourless nick @ 12% wont be very cost effective id imagine , i buy 100mg/ml and add it to pg/vg

God, you're right. I just had another look at the DIY stuff on ESI and plain PG/VG is pretty cheap (€3/ 100ml).

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1846.htm

On the bright side it's probably an easy way to start with DIY and get comfortable with it. Also, less maths :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

J Mysterio wrote: »
    God, you're right. I just had another look at the DIY stuff on ESI and plain PG/VG is pretty cheap (€3/ 100ml).

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/category-s/1846.htm

On the bright side it's probably an easy way to start with DIY and get comfortable with it. Also, less maths :pac:

Check out this place http://www.vapebase.de/ i havent used it yet but it will be where i will be going next time liter pg 9euro ltr vg 9 euro liter 36mg nic base 65 euro supposed to be good with reasonable shipping.

ecigshop.eu does liter pg/vg for 20euro 100ml 100mg nic 25euro thats about the best in ireland delivery for 4 liters cost me 15euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

masonchat wrote: »
    Check out this place http://www.vapebase.de/ i havent used it yet but it will be where i will be going next time liter pg 9euro ltr vg 9 euro liter 36mg nic base 65 euro supposed to be good with reasonable shipping.

I'm gonna order a couple of liters there and 5-6 different flavours later in the week, with those prices you can't go all wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Their stuff is very good,if you like clouds get some Vape Fog.They only had a handful of flavours when I ordered but the Vape Tide is nice,the Chocolate isn't bad either but my Mrs says it stinks up the place.

Advertisement