Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11890 & 11811

Options
  • 05-09-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

11890 & 11811 are very expensive services.

I recommend that you use 11888 .... It's about 85% Cheaper!
    It costs 10c for the call and 50c per minute from a landline (one enquiry per call)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Much much cheaper (e.g. generally free) to search for the number yourself if you've any form of internet access at all at the time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

MYOB wrote: »
    Much much cheaper (e.g. generally free) to search for the number yourself if you've any form of internet access at all at the time too.

An unnecessarily obvious and dismissive comment ....
    and I know about phonebooks too, so no obvious remarks there please.
    I'm just letting people know about a cheaper service when one needs that type of service.

Sometimes one has no access to the internet (or is too drunk(^),
    or it could be your granny/mum wasting €6 - €9 a shot getting a phone number by dialing these highly advertised premium rate numbers.
    In these circumstances 60c is a lot better value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

never heard of it but will use from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

never heard of it
    Have a look at http://www.118.ie/11850_pricing.aspx
    It's mentioned there ... it's their cheap unadvertised service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I've never understood these services - why pay 6 quid (or even 60cent) for someone to find you a number when you can pick up a book or search it on the net for free?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Article appeared on the RTE News website a day ago..

Thursday 11 September 2014 16.03

Ireland > Economy
    One second directory enquiry call can cost €5.58

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0909/642397-directory-enquiries/
    Research by the Consumers' Association of Ireland has shown the cost of directory enquiry calls has risen significantly over the last number of years.

The research shows the cost of calls can vary from 60c to €5.58 for a one-second call.

The CAI said it was so difficult to decipher the charges paid by consumers to directory enquiry services it required the help of a mathematician.

Advertisement