Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying components on Siemens HiPath 3350

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Hi,
    Without looking at it more closely and logging on to it
    Top L-R are Optisets/Optipoint connectors, the 2 x RJ11's are for Basic Rates
    Bottom L-R are for analogue phones
    Connect to the DB9 connector using a serial lead and This Program
    More info HERE and HERE
    Also there is a HiPath Wiki located HERE and you might get more info if you post HERE

Furthermore, power up the system.
    Wait about a minute or so, plug one of the optisets/optipoints into the top left connector and see if it comes up.
    When that phone is up you can move it around to different sockets to see if they are working, also try with an analogue phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

4th time trying to post.....

Hi,
    Sorry for delay in posting - I was away in limited internet land all day...

The HiPath 3000 is from the 'circuit switched' ISDN era, newer versions are of the 'packet switched' SIP/IP era.
    They work away for years, rare problems with power and so on but no more than any other PBX.

They were unique in their day for providing 128K out on 1 pair to a digital phone using proprietary 2 bearer channels and 1 data channel (2B+1D)
    Because of that you can wire underset adaptors to provide another phone (digital or analogue), and ISDN basic rate under the phone for videoconferencing and so on.

If you think the 3K GUI is complex then you should try the 4K :):)
    Also I have found that if you get familiar with that interface then you can work away and do everything that the end user requires.
    You can take over a phone remotely, log on via ISDN.

There is an IP using a LIM? module.
    You can not get the password out of it as you know but then that is a security 'feature'.

The version provided is close to if not the latest at Version 9 Release 2.2.0

It works with all 3K variants and backwards compatible with the older Hicom 150 types.

If you are using the serial interface then you can adjust the speed to a higher one using the phone.
    *95 31994 31994
    To set the clock connect up to Eircom or similar ISDN and make a call
    To find out what cards are installed, do a download then go to 'system status' / 'system wide' / cards
    slmA or slA would be subscriber module analogue for analogue extensions
    slmO would be for Optiset/Optipoint
    TMxxx would be for analogue trunks/E&M Trunks
    STMD would be for to provide ISDN out to your ISDN local bus or to take ISDN from your provider.

Let me know if you need further info
    Regards

Ha ha - you could say that alright....

Unfortunately the 3K is not my forte and if I have to work on one that requires something out of the ordinary I usually call for the 3K Guru's assistance.

In the main they are used on large campus sites as 'slave' systems, installed for example in student villages etc. but with a 2MB 30 channel ISDN link back to the mother ship (4K) using a proprietary ISDN protocol called cornet (Corporate Network) giving all the features out to the end user that the main site would have.
    The newer ones would now use a network IP link of course.

I prefer the larger ones (4000), the busiest one in Ireland if not Western Europe currently handles 15K Incoming calls and 20K outbound calls every week day !
    Mind you it does have 50 x 2MB circuits connected (1,500 lines)

The IP phones work well on all the HiPath's also now using IP 'DECT' as well which is great.
    In HiPath land the IP phones are used normally to setup a remote site without providing a full shelf to them, like a small branch office.
    You can 'log on' to the IP cards normally to set parameters if you are using it as a trunk.
    The IP cards on the 4K can be set to run IP Phones, IP Operator consoles (with busy lamp field BLF), Remote IP Shelves, SIP devices, SIP trunks and HFA as well, with encryption on the IP and so on.
    There is also an IP to analogue converter for to provide analogue extensions over IP.

The Panasonics were great back in the pre ISDN days and they were very reasonably priced from the Irish suppliers point of view as they got a better mark up than the European supplied Hicom/HiPath.
    Although Eircom did use a large amount of Siemens equipment, the PBX's, ISDN TA's and even those wall socket terminations were Siemens rebranded with TE/Eircom.

I'm not sure as to what level the 3K can go to software wise but I can always ask.
    I know that you have to change out some components, maybe even the mother board for some of the newer upgrades to those systems.

Yes you would probably get a sale on it if you try, although I see some of the older kit on EBay for high money which they will probably not get in this day and age.
    Yes there is still a strong demand for the 3K in UK and further afield.
    You could try selling it directly to a company over there and you might get a better price rather than splitting it up and waiting for buyers.

I suspect the best way to find out the software level of the 3k is to download the database
    go to system status/system/and there you should see Software Version on the Right Hand Side

• Advertisement

Advertisement