Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

audi a3 or bmw 1 series?

Options
  • 04-09-2014 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am changing my car soon and am looking at the audi a3 and the bmw 1 series (2010/2011). Has anyone any advice on either? I'd appreciate any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

1 series diesels of that era will suffer from the infamous timing chain issue.

However it will drive better then an A3 since it's RWD. Prices seem fairly similar from what i've checked on DD.

Styling is personal preference. I've never cared for the 1 series styling.

Try both and see what works for you.

Why not try a Honda Civic? The 2.2 diesel is meant to be a real gem in that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

May as well consider the c30 and scirocco while you're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Both the 1 Series and A3 of vintage 2010/2011 will have been long in the tooth at that stage, the 1 Series being launched back in 2004 and the A3 back in 2003.

Being honest I'd chose neither, most of the both models don't do anything special to warranty the premium they command and most are very poorly equipped. As Colm says look at the Volvo C30 or VW Scirocco and even the Honda Civic Type S hatchback as alternatives.

Advertisement