Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I get the certificate of results?

Options
  • 04-09-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

does anybody know when and how I can get the certificate of results?
    I sat my LC in 2014 and of course I got the statement of provisional results but
    I need the official certificate of results.

Thanks for your help

Cookie96

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

They will be issued to the schools some time next year hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've sat the LC twice and only have the 'provisional' statement of results. I wasn't aware there was an 'official' statement!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It would be important to make sure the school has an up-to-date address for you if you have returned to Germany.

The provisional certificate of results is official, and is accepted by all colleges / universities here. The only reason it's "provisional" is because if someone applies for a re-check they may be upgraded on a subject. If you're not applying for a re-check in anything, your results won't change in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cookie96

Hi,

@ spurious: thanks! Do you know when the certificates will be posted to the schools? Whats next year? between september 2014 and may 2015 or in 2015?

@ thelad95: if you sat your leaving cert before 2013 you won't get the certificate without applying for it, since 2013 (or 2012?, sorry I'm not sure) they post it to your school and the school posts the certificate to you.

@ randylonghorn: my school knows my german address because they have already posted the provisional statement to me. I know that you don't need the certificate in Ireland but in Germany you do need it. In Germany you can apply for college with the provisional statement but you have to show them the certificate of results within the first 12 months after you sendt in your application so I really need the certificate. It doesn't matter if i get my certificate now or in 10 months, but I'll have quite a big problem if i don't get the certificate of results and so I want to know when I can expect it, so i can react if it takes a lot longer... I want to avoid that it end up somewhere in the bin

Thanks to all of you!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

By next year I mean in the calendar year 2015. You could email the SEC and explain that you need yours earlier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement