Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW2 tours or sites to visit in England

Options
  • 04-09-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to England to stay with family near Birmingham next month, but I also want to put a few days aside to take some WW2 tours and visit places likes Bletchley. I presume everything will be around the London area, which is no problem, but could anyone recommend any good WW2 guided tours or sites that are worth visiting? Old RAF bases etc?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to England to stay with family near Birmingham next month, but I also want to put a few days aside to take some WW2 tours and visit places likes Bletchley. I presume everything will be around the London area, which is no problem, but could anyone recommend any good WW2 guided tours or sites that are worth visiting? Old RAF bases etc?

Thanks in advance :)

Cosford.......only a short train ride from Brum and the RAF Museum has a branch there. Lots of WW2 stuff as well as Cold War exhibits including examples of each of the V-Bombers.

There's also a certain olive drab Cortina there Tac Foley might recognise ;)

EDIT: Just checked......it's an Opel Senator not a Ford Cortina.

Advertisement