Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic gearbox noise

Options
  • 04-09-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey i have the same noise and it disappears when I press clutch in. I have a 2001 saloon civic 1.4 I. What is the best thing to do?
    I am about to buy a gearbox from a 1996 civic for €120 which isn't bad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jammyy

I'm wondering what did u do with your civic as I have the same problem now ??

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Had the same issue as OP, turned out to be the pinion bearing. Cost me €350 to repair : )

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Had the same issue as OP, turned out to be the pinion bearing. Cost me €350 to repair : )

Hi wat you mean op ? I'm in two minds here weather to buy a gearbox from a 96 civic or get it reconditioned . recondition would cost me a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Clutch release bearing?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

jammyy wrote: »
    Hi wat you mean op ? I'm in two minds here weather to buy a gearbox from a 96 civic or get it reconditioned . recondition would cost me a bit

OP = 'original post' or 'original poster'

In other words, I was replying to the first post in this thread, I got a rally mechanic to rebuild the gearbox & replace the pinion bearing for €350.

Only took him about two days to complete all work, he knows his gearboxes. :D

Wibbs wrote: »
    Clutch release bearing?

I have been told release bearing and been told gearbox don't know what to do been told to many different things

Advertisement