Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fencing Regs Question

Options
  • 04-09-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

A relation of mine is looking to put fencing down the side of his house, so i told him no higher than 2m (6foot 6"), then he ask if it would be ok to have the posts extend up to above 7foot 6" and then turn in to tie into the house but leave the fencing at 2m to make it more secure. He does not have the greatest relationship with his next door neighbour, who will cause problems if he is in breach of the REgs.

So does the 2m limit on fencing include the post or only refers to the high of the fencing panels?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Contact your local planning dept but I would suggest assuming this to the rear of the dwelling that above 2m planning is required

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭shane6977

As BryanF said, 2m is the maximum height at the rear of a house, in front of a house the maximum height is 1.2m. These heights are measured to the top of the structure so posts and/or panels must be below or equal to the maximum heights.

Advertisement