Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steinhart Ocean 1 black

Options
  • 04-09-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭

Hi i am looking at getting a Ocean 1 in black and just wondering does anyone on her have one that they are thinking of selling. I see them on there website for €350 and €380 with Ceramic bezel. Actually what's the difference between the two bezels.

Jc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ceramic is tougher and unscratchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

If you are a member of tz there is one for sale second hand complete with a green and black bezel. Not sure if it's ceramic or not. I suspect not as they would prob have said it in the add.

If you are a member of tz there is one for sale second hand complete with a green and black bezel. Not sure if it's ceramic or not. I suspect not as they would prob have said it in the add.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Although you're getting an extra bezel, that one is 2 years old and as expensive as buying it brand new from Steinhart.

Eoin wrote: »
    Although you're getting an extra bezel, that one is 2 years old and as expensive as buying it brand new from Steinhart.

Indeed. He has dropped from 290-275.

I have put in what I feel is a fair offer for it.

edit....and been accused of lowballing....

what would you think is a fair price Eoin?

• Advertisement

I'd have thought 280 euros would be fair - that's 80% of the original price from new. They're still in stock; and the extra bezel can't add that much extra value, surely? Edit: that's the same guy I bought my GMT from, and I think I paid about the same that he's asking for this one, despite the GMT being newer and having a higher RRP.

Eoin wrote: »
    I'd have thought 280 euros would be fair - that's 80% of the original price from new. They're still in stock; and the extra bezel can't add that much extra value, surely? Edit: that's the same guy I bought my GMT from, and I think I paid about the same that he's asking for this one, despite the GMT being newer and having a higher RRP.
    Think a bezel is 30 euro new.

I offered 225 euro, allowing myself room to settle on 260 ish for a final price which is more than fair I thought.

I didnt think 225 was a total lowball, certainly no more unrealistic than his asking price lol.

I think 260 would be about right, and maybe a little bit more for the extra bezel. I'd probably have offered closer to my final price, but I think the asking price is just way over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I have one with the ceramic bezel. ceramic definitely the better choice as it wont scratch and keeps it looking fresh, worth the extra 30 eur

I offered 220pounds and no dice. 250 is his limit.

May aswell buy new at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

If i was buying one again I'd probably get the Ocean 1 Vintage Red...I believe they will put the ceramic inlay in them now if you request even though it hasnt got the option on the website
    they are currently offering it with a Nato strap in addition
    The OVintage Miltary is also gorgeous

Advertisement