Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working & Disability Allowance

Options
  • 04-09-2014 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone has experience of working Part Time with D.A.? I understand you can earn up to €120.00 per week without your payment being affected and you must get a letter from your Dr. and notify Social Welfare.

I ask because there is a part time position coming up on me doorstep, with hours that suit me perfectly and yet I am wary of applying and if my whole Disability Claim is looked at again as it was so hard to get in the first place.

Any experiences from you out there would be welcome!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 self3137

You would have to notify the social welfare before taking up p/t employment, it would have to be considered of a rehabilitative nature. Depending on what Disability you are claiming for get your doctor/consultant to put forward your case for this rehabilitative work and the benefits it may bring. I believe the max rate without any of your DA reducing €170 p/w.

Rehabilitative work is seen as a stepping stone on the way to recovery, it might work or may not but I would not worry about having your whole case dug over again. Maybe also book an appointment with an occupational therapist who can also help put your case forward. I believe the SW should look positively upon this.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement