Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Document: is this one ok?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I want to decide early what document to do, sure the oral's in only a few months. So far, the best thing I have is a Francoise Hardy vinyl. I want to romanticise the story of finding it a bit, and say that it's my mum's (which is true) and I found it when I was younger, in the attic by accident.

I genuinely do like her as a singer so plan to research her a bit more and speak on that too.

What do you think? I wanted to do something France-orientated so. I'm aiming for a B.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

JohnDunne wrote: »
    I want to decide early what document to do, sure the oral's in only a few months. So far, the best thing I have is a Francoise Hardy vinyl. I want to romanticise the story of finding it a bit, and say that it's my mum's (which is true) and I found it when I was younger, in the attic by accident.

I genuinely do like her as a singer so plan to research her a bit more and speak on that too.

What do you think? I wanted to do something France-orientated so. I'm aiming for a B.

That's actually really cool...however it will probably take up most of your oral, and your vocab will have to be absolutely perfect. You will need to know stuff about her life and influences.. pretty much everything about her

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nice choice. Do a little bit of background on some other French singers too, so that if asked, you can talk about them too. Other directions it could go...French singers, Eurovision songs etc. The orals are close to Eurovision time so it might be an opportunity to talk about some of the French language classics that have won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MegLC

That's such a good idea! :) definatly do that! I'm thinking of brining in a photo of myself and my dancing group who performed in the opening ceremony of the special Olympics? Anyone, please give me your opinions this! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Great ideas coming from this thread! For mine, I'm going to do it on TY. I had a great year and done lots so I think it should be ok. I checked the chief examiners report for 2010 and he/she said that foreign holidays, school trips, sport, family events and concerts were a 'safe choice'. They also criticised students who went in with the same document e.g. a school trip to Paris. Again they suggested to avoid pets or family members as they 'did not always offer great scope for discussion and development'. Good luck!

Advertisement