Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car accident

Options
  • 03-09-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Maybe somebody can help how these things might pan out.

I was driving on green light crossing junction. The other driver was turning his right (my left) and did not yield for whatever reason (I know the reason - there a bus going in the same general direction as i was only turning his right, waiting for clear way from incoming traffic, he was blocking his view). I caught him right in the front and completely damaged the front (it was Fiat Punto against BMW).

However the other driver is denying liability, claiming i was crossing on red.

If you have similar experience, can you let me know how it eventually ended?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

We can't give legal advice here but there are situations where moving out of a box, even with the lights against you is your right of way.

Let the insurance company hammer it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mbiernacki

thanks Bepolite. The guy is saying I was on red hence he is denying responsibility.. the thing is that the system on this junction works the way he would have to be also on red.. and this is an objective fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

As I understand it you were proceeding through the junction in opposite directions. He turned right.

The problem is he can turn right on red where as you can't proceed through the junction. Where there any witnesses you might have gotten info for?

I fecking keep meaning to get a dashcam.

correct, I was proceeding straight through the junction, he turned right. There are no witnesses unless I can get my hands on the recording from the bus that was about to take right turn (mentioned in the first post). I heard they have cameras installed outside.

For now it's my word against his.

dashboard camera would fecking help indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

The bus would have a camera looking out front, contact them in the morning.

Advertisement