Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from ACA to ACCA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

I switched from ACA to ACCA last year. You should be exempt from all F level papers, leaving you with 5 P level papers to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stephen Michael

Hi,

Thanks. Do I get any exemptions for the audit elective, or will I be in the same boat as if I hadn't passed it?

I think you in the same boat whether you got it or not. F8 Audit and there is P7 advanced Audit. I'm pretty sure you'd have to sit P7 but you can ring ACCA anytime to confirm. the number is 014475678.

A big downside is that you have to pay for all your exemptions F1-F9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I've done my CAP1s and 2/4 CAP2s, and it was going to cost me something like €1k in exemptions to switch to ACCA, so in the end I decided to stick with ACA for now. I just couldn't justify paying that much money to not sit exams! They must make a fortune in exemption fees.

Also I don't plan on working outside Ireland, and within Ireland, there is still a preference amongst quite a lot of employers towards ACA, from what I hear. If I wanted to work abroad at some stage, I'd have probably gone with ACCA for the international recognition.

I'm currently working in industry, with decent practice experience behind me, and will hopefully eventually end up with an ACA qualification - I'm hoping the mix of industry and practice along with the qualification will stand to me in the long run.

I had passed CAP1 + CAP2. But I didn't fancy my chances of passing the FAE's. I had heard too many horror stories from friends. I would not get study leave or my employer would not pay for them however they did say they would pay for my ACCA tuition.

I spent about €1k on exemptions which was hard on the pocket but so far so good I've passed 3 exams and have 3 left (for some strange reason I had to sit law again).

It depends on your situation. I see some people are doing both having ACCA as a back up option. ( A poster on the FAE thread who is resitting the FAE's passed 3P papers in June and has 2exams to go. Great way to hedge your bets)

• Advertisement
Advertisement