Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Malta Cheap?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, Does anyone know what kind of money I would need to get around Malta for the week? In comparison to Spain, Cause is usually go there and Spain is quite cheap.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It's about the same. Some touristy spots can be more expensive, naturally. About €2-ish for a pint, €7 for a huge pizza, €1.50 for a bus day ticket that you can use all over the Island etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

pizza and pasta is cheap but fish and meat dishes can be quite expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4 db2004

Thanks Folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Just been there and I agree with what's been said above. One thing that is definitely cheap (and good value too) is the €6.50 weekly adult bus ticket. The network is quite good (in fairness the island is tiny) so it's well worth the investment.

The only thing is the buses are slow and crowded, but people are friendly, patient and good-humored, and nowhere is too far away. Bit of a stress when you have kids, but good for the bank balance. The only thing I will say is that if you decide to rely on the airport buses (e.g. the X2 from Sliema), just make sure to leave loads of time.

BTW, portions are large, so if you're eating as a couple, sometimes you can have a perfectly good meal by one person ordering a starter, the other a main course, and then sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

I was there last year and absolutly loved it. I found it to be really cheap and fantastic value. The food is really good- fantastic quality.

db2004 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Does anyone know what kind of money I would need to get around Malta for the week? In comparison to Spain, Cause is usually go there and Spain is quite cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement