Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity Bead Insulation

Options
  • 03-09-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,
    I am new to this and am just trying get some information.
    I have recently bought a house in Galway city and i want to try and lower my heating costs.
    I have insulted my attic myself and i can already notice a difference but i was hoping to add another measure by getting the cavity pumped with insulation.
    I was just wondering if anyone had this done and ow they found it, was it a good/bad idea ?
    Also if anyone had details of installers they used and the cost they came at as i had one company quote me 1300 euro. I'm not really sure if this is good or bad to be honest.
    Any replies on your experiences would be gratefully appreciated.
    Regards
    Eamonn

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

recommendations by PM please

assuming you have block / cavity / block wall to pump (with more than 40mm cavity) its generally a good idea - my advice would be to get three quote minimum and get references (look+talk) and also look for certification of the product here - noting carefully the particulars of the cert

• Registered Users Posts: 5 eamonnmcmanus

Thanks Bryan,
    I will get some more quotes. I want to try and make my home as energy efficent as possible going forward.

Advertisement