Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerial Photography DIY recommendations?

Options
  • 03-09-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Can anyone recommend a remote control helicopter for some DIY photography? Its for taking photos of roofs for work. Its total amateur stuff, but would like a decent quality footage.
    Another idea, I have a go pro, could I just buy some kind helicopter to strap this on to?
    Lastly a few I have seen, they only run for approximately 8 minutes, is this the norm for these kind of things??

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Quadcopter rather than a Helicopter. Something like a DJI Phantom will easily carry a GoPro and provide you with some decent footage. Example - http://allseeing.me/trim/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

8 minutes tops generally provided you are not flying it against the wind and doing stunts with it.

Advertisement