Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians Wanted

Options
  • 03-09-2014 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am a singer/ songwriter originally from San Francisco, but have been based in Galway for 6 years. I have over 100 original songs.
    I am interested in various musical styles and am currently cultivating several different musical projects. These include A Hank Williamsesque Country Band, A Dixie land jazz band, and a garage punk band.
    Visit samcahoon . com and email me if you're interested in playing together.

INFLUENCES:
    Hank Williams, The Clash, The Pogues, Simon and Garfunkel, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Toots & The Maytals, Desmond Dekker, The Specials, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, Big Country, Louis Armstrong, Diana Ross and The Supremes, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Woody Guthrie, Merle Haggard, The Rolling Stones, Iggy and the Stooges, John Steinbeck, Brendan Behan, Flann O'Brien, Ernest Hemingway, John Kennedy Toole, Charles Bukowski,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jokeralain

Hi, are you still looking for people to join your band(s)?
    Alain

• Registered Users Posts: 20 culcumhainn

Yes, what do play?

quote="jokeralain;92546772"]Hi, are you still looking for people to join your band(s)?
    Alain[/quote]

i play soprano and tenor saxophone, i compose and record on logic as well, i just started the trumpet too... I played in grind alternatives bands and in rock folk jazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

hey if you are ever down around Dublin I would be interested in helping out with this

anyone who cites john kennedy toole as an influence deserves assistance

Cool, what do you play?
    hey if you are ever down around Dublin I would be interested in helping out with this

anyone who cites john kennedy toole as an influence deserves assistance

• Advertisement

Cool, let's jam
    jokeralain wrote: »
    i play soprano and tenor saxophone, i compose and record on logic as well, i just started the trumpet too... I played in grind alternatives bands and in rock folk jazz.

yes :) i pm on your mail my phone number if you are up to jam ;)
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭bigtomm

i think there is alot of magic here

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

i play guitar badly with style, and piano even worse with no style, but can sing like bird...at times
    can harmonise too

did anything happen?

• Advertisement

Still looking, what do you play?
    bigtomm wrote: »
    did anything happen?

guitar,drums..you have a style...something heart breaking and also very strong..your still in galway>?

Yes still in galway, Id be interested in jamming some time if you want to play drums.
    bigtomm wrote: »
    guitar,drums..you have a style...something heart breaking and also very strong..your still in galway>?

Yes still in galway, Id be interested in jamming some time if you want to play drums.

il be in touch with you by pm...

Advertisement