Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card upgrade on Dell XPS 8100

Options
  • 02-09-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hey guys, I have a store bought Dell XPS 8100 and I want to upgrade the graphics card.
    I was recommended to buy a Gainward GeForce GTX 650 (90 GBP) a few months ago but it's not available now where I've looked, any suggestions on alternatives and what will be compatible with this desktop's motherboard.

Power supply might need to be upgraded too, it is 350W I believe.
    Wanted to play games such as Arma 2 Dayz, Red Orchestra 2, War Thunder on average or better settings.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

The new maxwell based 750ti might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

They look good, certainly would do the job for me thanks.
    One thing I need to know will the 350 Watt power supply I have do or does that need upgrading too? Here's the card Bepolite recommended on Aria, 60 watts at stock speed so I'm assuming that would be fine?

Thanks fellas :D

Advertisement