Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dress for a wedding

Options
  • 02-09-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am in need of some help please. I have a wedding coming up in 2 weeks time and I have waited this long to start looking for a dress.....Since I have absolutely no head for fashion I would love some ideas. I was thinking about this:
    http://www.boohoo.com/new-in/laura-cowl-front-chiffon-skater-dress/invt/azz23161

Is this acceptable?? I was thinking of pairing it with some silver shoes and a shawl? Maybe some simple accessories like a chain? Size wise I would be a 14. Or if you know any good websites or shops (I'm based in Clonmel) that have nice affordable dresses:)

All help greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

martinak89 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am in need of some help please. I have a wedding coming up in 2 weeks time and I have waited this long to start looking for a dress.....Since I have absolutely no head for fashion I would love some ideas. I was thinking about this:
    http://www.boohoo.com/new-in/laura-cowl-front-chiffon-skater-dress/invt/azz23161

Is this acceptable?? I was thinking of pairing it with some silver shoes and a shawl? Maybe some simple accessories like a chain? Size wise I would be a 14. Or if you know any good websites or shops (I'm based in Clonmel) that have nice affordable dresses:)

All help greatly appreciated!

I think that dress is gorgeous for a wedding and I love the colour! If you don't have shoes definitely pop in to Nada on O'Connell St beside penneys. I was in there last week and got a pair of really nice sandals for €15. They've loads of stock half price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Wouldn't be my cup of tea for a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Depends how tall you are. It might be a bit short for a wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

I'm only 5ft 2 so pretty much every dress that looks short on a model is usually the perfect length on me :P

Wellyd wrote: »
    I think that dress is gorgeous for a wedding and I love the colour! If you don't have shoes definitely pop in to Nada on O'Connell St beside penneys. I was in there last week and got a pair of really nice sandals for €15. They've loads of stock half price!

A girl at work here said I should go there too! Must have a look on Thursday :D Heard a lot of good things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dee15

That dress is lovely for a wedding :)

Dee15 wrote: »
    That dress is lovely for a wedding :)

Be careful with Boohoo sizing, it can be a bit all over the place, and their 14 may come up very small (or huge, but usually very small). You don't have a lot of time to play around if it's wrong. Their quality is also pretty crap. I personally wouldn't wear it to a wedding.

Asos.com have a better range usually and tend to be better quality if you want something online, again, their sizes are hit and miss though. You could also give New Look a shot, I actually got a gorgeous dress there for a wedding once in from one of their concession brands.

Be careful with Boohoo sizing, it can be a bit all over the place, and their 14 may come up very small (or huge, but usually very small). You don't have a lot of time to play around if it's wrong. Their quality is also pretty crap. I personally wouldn't wear it to a wedding.

Asos.com have a better range usually and tend to be better quality if you want something online, again, their sizes are hit and miss though. You could also give New Look a shot, I actually got a gorgeous dress there for a wedding once in from one of their concession brands.

Well I got a dress from there before and it was grand. I'm heading into town anyway to get a dress just in case that it doesn't fit. :) I was just wondering would this style of dress be appropriate. Seriously I am clueless lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Seems a bit night out clubbing-ish. Even if you are short! I would never wear a dress that short anyway, but I'm almost 5'10"...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think it is too short for a wedding. But if your are 5ft2 then it may not be the case!

However I also think (sorry :( ) it would suit a tall(ish) size ten rather than a size 14.
    I think there are dresses out there that will suit you body shape better than this one.

I'd suggest you go into TK Maxx and go to their dress section in your size and try on their whole section to find the dress style suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Odellphillips

I also have my wedding in the last of this month , i purchased the dress but i m worried about my hair , they are so thin . Some suggested my the braids so i have ordered . But want more ideas about my hair .

Advertisement