Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low can I go?

Options
  • 02-09-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

So I picked up some nice budget peripherals thanks to the good folk on here. Haven't got them long but so far so good. Now its time for budget GPU.
    So realistically how low can I go?
    I have a 20 inch 1680x1050 dell monitor. I'm currently running minecraft and mount & blade through the on board graphics (g1620 CPU yum yum) it's managing alright but some serious lag and crashes the odd time. What price range should I be looking at? I don't really want to buy 2nd hand cause I was stung by an adverts user with a broken GPU already so a little wary tbh. Open to any and all suggestions. I saw a gtx 750 ti on Amazon for £105 but do I need that much power? I know that's not that powerful but for what I'm using it for, how low can I go?
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement