Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Charging more , People check this out!!!

Options
  • 02-09-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there
    In July I changed over to Vodafone fibre broadband , agreed to extended contract over the phone and got promised 35 € fibre unlimited broadband so I checked my account as wouldn't be first time Vodafone tried to take more from me and surprises , surprise ....
    Got charged 69.97 €
    So I called 1907(btw I am banned now from using this number) got to a costumer service talked to "<SNIP>"
    Who told me this is normal as I got over my download limit , on what a replay that I don't have download limit as I opted for unlimited 35 € , he continue to convince me it is normal so I asked him to talk to his supervisor .

After 2 min on hold he came apologies and said that I will be refunded whatever they extra charged and was system mistake , on what I replay ok but made note on my ipad just in case
    Quote of my note. " Vodafone refund 27.47 €
    Ref no.5348978
    Ref - 27.47 €
    <SNIP>
    12 July 2014 15:03 pm "

After few days friend of mine noticed same thing and my father completely same thing so they call and got identical answer!

So it came yesterday so I just went online log Into my vodafone at home and seen again charge of 65.97 € , rang 1907 and talked to <SNIP> - who btw found this conversation entertaining so he put me on loud speaker to his friend who talked Lithuanian language assuming I don t understand !

When I asked him ye having fun lads he answered YES , on what I replayed, I wanna ref number of this conversation but he refused, he said that again it was system error and he latter tried to assure me there is no need to talk to his supervisor as he is not here at moment and that I will be refunded my money again and this will not happen anymore!
    Quote of my note of this conversation
    <SNIP>
    Ref.no- not given
    1.sep 2014 at 19:50 pm
    Refund Requested
    Laughed at me with colleges at Lithuanian , was put at loud speakers
    Supervisor request- denied "

So I just checked my bill at vodafone at home is unchanged , tried to ring 1907 but after automated person answer I got just biped , blocked to call number, get laughed out loud by costumer support stuff, and still overcharged twice ( what in my opinion is illegal and will asked for solicitor help)

PS
    3 people that I am aware of this "overcharge" "trick" happened done by Vodafone.Ie
    Please check out your recent bills and please replay on this thread because if we are not only ones it ain't good !

Thank You

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi there
    In July I changed over to Vodafone fibre broadband , agreed to extended contract over the phone and got promised 35 € fibre unlimited broadband so I checked my account as wouldn't be first time Vodafone tried to take more from me and surprises , surprise ....
    Got charged 69.97 €
    So I called 1907(btw I am banned now from using this number) got to a costumer service talked to "<SNIP>"
    Who told me this is normal as I got over my download limit , on what a replay that I don't have download limit as I opted for unlimited 35 € , he continue to convince me it is normal so I asked him to talk to his supervisor .

After 2 min on hold he came apologies and said that I will be refunded whatever they extra charged and was system mistake , on what I replay ok but made note on my ipad just in case
    Quote of my note. " Vodafone refund 27.47 €
    Ref no.5348978
    Ref - 27.47 €
    <SNIP>
    12 July 2014 15:03 pm "

After few days friend of mine noticed same thing and my father completely same thing so they call and got identical answer!

So it came yesterday so I just went online log Into my vodafone at home and seen again charge of 65.97 € , rang 1907 and talked to <SNIP> - who btw found this conversation entertaining so he put me on loud speaker to his friend who talked Lithuanian language assuming I don t understand !
    When I asked him ye having fun lads he answered YES , on what I replayed, I wanna ref number of this conversation but he refused, he said that again it was system error and he latter tried to assure me there is no need to talk to his supervisor as he is not here at moment and that I will be refunded my money again and this will not happen anymore!
    Quote of my note of this conversation
    <SNIP>
    Ref.no- not given
    1.sep 2004 at 19:50 pm
    Refund Requested
    Laughed at me with colleges at Lithuanian , was put at loud speakers
    Supervisor request- denied "

So I just checked my bill at vodafone at home is unchanged , tried to ring 1907 but after automated person answer I got just biped , blocked to call number, get laughed out loud by costumer support stuff, and still overcharged twice ( what in my opinion is illegal and will asked for solicitor help)

PS
    3 people that I am aware of this "overcharge" "trick" happened done by Vodafone.Ie
    Please check out your recent bills and please replay on this thread because if we are not only ones it ain't good !

Thank You

You should post this is the talk to Vodafone forum. If you pm them your account details etc. they could probably track down that little sh1t and give him a telling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Vanessa2003

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    You should post this is the talk to Vodafone forum. If you pm them your account details etc. they could probably track down that little sh1t and give him a telling off.

I will is it here on Boards.ie ?

Vodafone Ireland Ltd, MountainView, Leopardstown,

Your Vodafone At Home bill
    Transactions
    Previous Balance €69.45
    Receipt -€41.98
    Voice Package Credit -€27.47
    Balance Carried Forward €0.00
    Summary of New Charges

Part Month Charges
    Phone Number Description Nickname Period Covered Charge (inc. VAT)
    150 GB Add On 02Jul - 06Jul €0.97

Recurring Items
    Phone Number Description Nickname Period Covered Charge (inc. VAT)
    Vodafone Simply Broadband Max (18 Month) 01Aug - 31Aug €35.00

Usage Charges
    Phone Number Description Nickname Period Covered Charge (inc. VAT)4 Broadband Usage (230.98 GB) 01Jul - 31Jul €30.00

Total amount of new charges €65.97
    VAT Component for this month's charges is €12.34
    Total Amount Due €65.97
    Your bank account will be debited on or after the22.08.2014

Ps
    I would post a photo but not allowed yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont post your landline ID to a public forum.

Go here:
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

ED E wrote: »
    Dont post your landline ID to a public forum.

Go here:

It is fibre , phone it's working anyways , but sorry if against rules did not mean to!
    I posted there already , but Vodafone reps seem do not care or are very busy at moment
    Ps
    Blocked from 1741,1907(1907 worked last night well !)and 1850204020 , no replays on my emails as well!
    Well done Vodafone
    But I will not allow them to get away with my 60€ + or this recurring every month!!!

• Advertisement

Still no help , going to write official complaint letter to Vodafone first, and get 10 € new number sim so someone answer my phone before another block from VD😡😡

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Something seriously wrong that they have an add-on price even though you didnt go over the fair usage limit:

"Unlimited usage allowances are subject to a fair usage policy (FUP) of 300GB. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB* FUP. The FUP only exists to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice something unusual - like usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus."

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Something seriously wrong that they have an add-on price even though you didnt go over the fair usage limit:

"Unlimited usage allowances are subject to a fair usage policy (FUP) of 300GB. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB* FUP. The FUP only exists to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice something unusual - like usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus."

Something is seriously wrong !!
    Vodafone taking money from people !( me !!! )
    Mate I don t use PC I use mac (no viruses )
    And I am IT Enginner btw , and fact is Vodafone uses people that don't understand Mb, gb or computing in general or don t check their bills for overcharging (and I stand by saying this as I know same thing happened for many people !! I have profs )
    And when you complain they call it system error ( but in my view this is illegal activity )
    Plus they laugh at you , putting you at loud speakers at costumer service , and when you ask they having fun , they answer YES, but when you ask to speak with supervisor they block your number !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Something is seriously wrong !!
    Vodafone taking money from people !( me !!! )
    Mate I don t use PC I use mac (no viruses )

You claim to be an IT Engineer but yet you say this...

You realise it's utter nonsense right? Mac is just as susceptible to virus' as a PC albeit there's less out there.
    And I am IT Enginner btw , and fact is Vodafone uses people that don't understand Mb, gb or computing in general or don t check their bills for overcharging (and I stand by saying this as I know same thing happened for many people !! I have profs )
    Another claim... It's a consumers fault if they fail to check their bill.

Vodafone issue tens of thousands of bills every month so there's bound to be a mistake or too.

Contact them and I'm sure they'll gladly help you!
    And when you complain they call it system error ( but in my view this is illegal activity )

This has never happened to me, generally Vodafone have been more than competent in dealing with my issues.
    Plus they laugh at you , putting you at loud speakers at costumer service , and when you ask they having fun , they answer YES, but when you ask to speak with supervisor they block your number !!

They? You mean one particular Vodafone employee....

Btw, how many versions of this thread do you need to create?

I think this is the second or third one I've seen going around!

You realise it's utter nonsense right? Mac is just as susceptible to virus' as a PC albeit there's less out there.

Vodafone issue tens of thousands of bills every month so there's bound to be a mistake or too.

This has never happened to me, generally Vodafone have been more than competent in dealing with my issues.

When I said no viruses I meant less , much lesssssssssssss!
    First because world population uses 90 % PC - windows based Compiuters, so people who create same (viruses) are better of with Windows ;)

• Advertisement

Second one one in broadband section then I was redirected here (or other way around)and I ll go
    As long as this ain't sorted
    Imao I think you work for vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭swoofer

vanessa this can get silly. Did you get a contract letter from VF stating you were on THE SIMPLY BROADBAND MAX package at 35 a month?

" Unlimited usage allowances are subject to a fair usage policy (FUP) of 300GB. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB* FUP. The FUP only exists to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice something unusual - like usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus."

But if you log online it will show you your usage for each billing period. Can you say how much you actually used?

swoofer wrote: »
    vanessa this can get silly. Did you get a contract letter from VF stating you were on THE SIMPLY BROADBAND MAX package at 35 a month?

" Unlimited usage allowances are subject to a fair usage policy (FUP) of 300GB. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB* FUP. The FUP only exists to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice something unusual - like usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus."

But if you log online it will show you your usage for each billing period. Can you say how much you actually used?

Yes mate
    I been told twice already that it was system error and will get sorted , vodafone phone conversation " get recorded anyways , so Vodafone already twice admitted they were wrong but not changing anything yet !!!
    And when switched to "fibre" I signed contract over the phone "recorded" !!!
    35 € package

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Second one one in broadband section then I was redirected here (or other way around)and I ll go
    As long as this ain't sorted
    Imao I think you work for vodafone

Ugh... Why am I even bothering lol.

Hope you get your issues help but I will be no longer trying to help you.

My Vodafone At Home
    Your Current Balance
    €0.00
    Recent payments made may take up to 5 working days to be reflected on your account

Manage your bill
    Your Recent Bills
    July
    June
    May
    April
    March
    Feb
    View recent bills
    View usage
    Your Recent Payments
    Date AmountMethod
    Aug 22 €65.97
    Jul 22 €41.98
    Jun 23 €41.97
    Your Bill Explained

View the PDF guide
    Your Broadband Usage
    Since 01 Sep 2014

25.20 GB / unlimited
    Includes any broadband usage add ons for this connection
    Updated 02 September 2014
    View broadband usage
    Your Vodafone At Home Services
    Bundles

Vodafone Simply Broadband Max Pref (18 Month) - Fibre
    Manage bundles
    Voice Services

You have no voice services for this connection right now.

Manage voice services
    Living At Home

You have no Living At Home add ons right now.

Manage Living add ons
    Voice Add ons

You have no voice add ons for this connection right now.
    ^^^^^
    THIS

Manage voice add ons
    Internet Add ons

You have no Internet add ons right now.
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
    Manage add ons
    Devices

Vodafone Fixed Broadband Modem
    SIM
    Vodafone Fixed Broadband Modem (Fibre)
    Manage devices
    Your Account
    My Details

Manage account details
    Order History

View orders

PS
    I WOULD UPLOAD PICTURE BUT NOT ALOWED YET

jonny24ie wrote: »

Yes add on and look at my Vodafone page

"My Vodafone At Home
    Your Current Balance
    €0.00
    Recent payments made may take up to 5 working days to be reflected on your account

Manage your bill
    Your Recent Bills
    July
    June
    May
    April
    March
    Feb
    View recent bills
    View usage
    Your Recent Payments
    Date AmountMethod
    Aug 22 €65.97
    Jul 22 €41.98
    Jun 23 €41.97
    Your Bill Explained

View the PDF guide
    Your Broadband Usage
    Since 01 Sep 2014

25.20 GB / unlimited
    Includes any broadband usage add ons for this connection
    Updated 02 September 2014
    View broadband usage
    Your Vodafone At Home Services
    Bundles

Vodafone Simply Broadband Max Pref (18 Month) - Fibre
    Manage bundles
    Voice Services

You have no voice services for this connection right now.

Manage voice services
    Living At Home

You have no Living At Home add ons right now.

Manage Living add ons
    Voice Add ons

You have no voice add ons for this connection right now.
    ^^^^^
    THIS

Manage voice add ons
    Internet Add ons

You have no Internet add ons right now.
    ^^^^^^
    THIS
    Manage add ons
    Devices

Vodafone Fixed Broadband Modem
    SIM
    Manage devices
    Your Account
    My Details

Manage account details
    Order History

View orders

PS
    I WOULD UPLOAD PICTURE BUT NOT ALOWED YET"

No adds on !!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Vanessa clearly you aren't receiving good customer service from Vodafone, with particular employees treating you in an unprofessional manner.

I'd record the audio of any future calls you make with them. Make sure you let them know that you are recording the call.

I would then write a registered letter to them, making an official complaint and letting them know the issues you have faced and the unprofessional manner you have been treated by them.

If you don't get satisfactory response from them then I would write to the office of their CEO, her name is easily found via Google. That will usually mean a senior manager will look into the issue and hopefully sort it out, including at least retraining the call center staff involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

bk wrote: »
    I'd record the audio of any future calls you make with them. Make sure you let them know that you are recording the call.

Be very very careful on this. Once you start recording calls you become a data controller under the data protection act. You must make all parties aware that you are recording calls and the reasons for such. You must also do this at the start of the call and give the other party the option to terminate the call.

imo, you are better off dealing with them in writing or by email

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Employee names removed, please do not post them again as per forum charter!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055167684

Ok sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

FYI here's the official Vodafone statement re "escalating" an issue:

Escalation of a dispute
    If your enquiry is a dispute with Vodafone and you are not satisfied with the response or solution from our Customer Service Representative, you can ask at any time for your enquiry to be transferred to a Customer Service Team Leader. If a Customer Service Team Leader is not immediately available, a call-back from them will be arranged within 24 hours.
    Where the Customer Service Team Leader cannot resolve your dispute to your satisfaction, you can escalate your dispute to the Call Centre Manager. If you are calling outside office hours, your contact details will be taken and the Call Centre Manager will contact you after 9am or on the next working day, whichever is applicable.
    In the event that you are still not satisfied you can put your complaint in writing to:
    Customer and Channel Management
    Vodafone
    Second floor, Block B
    MountainView
    Leopardstown
    Dublin 18
    Your letter will be acknowledged within three working days.
    In your correspondence, you must state clearly the background and nature of the complaint and the redress sought by you. The Office of Customer and Channel Management will endeavour to address your complaint within a reasonable period of time. The decision of The Office of Customer and Channel Management shall be final in all cases.

http://www.vodafone.ie/aboutus/code/custcare/escalation/

However they don't stick to it - I asked 2 employees to escalate an issue or to put me through to a manager and they flat out refused!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Thanks God for Boards ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Isn't this a 'Consumer Issue' and should be moved here

Advertisement