Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices are quite different between shops and countries in the EU

Options
  • 02-09-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Ok, I seeing lots and lot of "Price builds" and you are giving a list from pcpartpicker.com. This is basically amazon for Europe(discounting everywhere else.

Note: I use PCpartpicker for just putting together a list for myself(which some times there are items they don't show. Here is an example:

32GB-Kit Corsair Dominator Platinum PC3-17066U CL9-11-10-27
    ASUS BC-12D2HT/BLK/B Bulk Silent
    ASUS ROG MATRIX-GTX780TI-P-3GD5 Platinum, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB
    ASUS MAXIMUS VII Formula/ Watch dog
    GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort
    be quiet SilentWings2 140mm
    Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX Power Supply 80PLUS Platinum 1200W
    FRACTAL DESIGN Define R4 Black Pearl
    Intel Core i7-4790K Box, LGA1150
    Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro Fan PK3 - 140mm
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO Basic 1TB SATA 6Gb/s
    Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA 6Gb/s

(They don't have NZXT Kraken X61 AIO watercooler could only find it on pre-order scan.co.uk was 155-160. If I bought it direct from the NZXT (US) it would cost EUR 260. )

Just which price do you think it is roughly?

There are two sites I'll give you which I am not the first for saying use some and some, I think it goes back several years and yet none of the mods actually add it in to the sticky forum here.

http://www.guenstiger.de/
    http://www.preissuchmaschine.de/

Both sites are german and IN german, but for what you need is basic. I have never learned or was taught german. So that should tell they are basic search engines. They give prices and availability of goods and not just related to solely PC parts. Most online stores in Germany can be switched over to English such as hardwareversand.de you will note that for the cheapest they aren't the best, but for the amount of great reviews (should in there "price check" they are by far the highest imho. granted there customer support isn't the best(thank you google translator XD). Also their only why is direct bank transfer (no credit card, amazon or paypal).

"But it's in Germany?" yes, you are correct. However, having checked many sites in europe (EU). Germany was by far the cheapest, price I have noticed( excluding amazon.de). I wasn't saving my self 10's of euro, but in fact I was saving 100's of euro. Take an example the Asus Matrix 780 Tl Platinum. For amazon.co.uk(no .ie).
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/GeForce-Platinum-Graphics-Express-Display/dp/B00JE35TRI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409661910&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+matrix+780+ti+platinum rough estimate 754 not counting the shipping or the cost over amazon (not sure of what it is 4-8% extra for changing over to GBP). I originally bought it from hardwareversand.de EUR 589 at the time.

I know using PCpartpicker maybe great if you haven't being told or sites.

These are great sites. Also, any product which you searched through the websites before opening their site automatically get 5-10% off. That is another great reason for buying in Germany. It's been mentioned here before
    and yet no adding it to the sticky. It's not a limited time only it's beeing running over 5 years+

Advertisement