Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding in Italy

Options
  • 02-09-2014 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All

We're planning our wedding in Italy for next year, and want to get as much info as possible form the boards.ie people - has anyone any experiences they could share about:

- weddings in tuscany
    - venues costs
    - wedding planners you have used / advice from
    - any hidden extras / costs we need to be aware of.

We're in initial talks with a wedding planner but not sure if they are charging outrageous costs for what we think are minor things.

Anyway this is a general shout out for info. Appreciate all hints and tips.

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

You might be better going to the weddings abroad section of the weddings online website. There's a very active community there.

Price varies dramatically depending on how many people, where you are going etc. I would say that the price per head is much the same as Ireland, probably a little more expensive but you tend to get much better value i.e more courses, more wine etc.

You dont need a wedding planner as long as you're organised and willing to do the ground work yourselves. We knew we wanted a Tuscan wedding so we spent about four months just researching venues online then took a trip to Italy to see 5 of our shortlisted venues. From there we could do everything from Ireland.

We arranged for a woman to take care of the legal work for €400 and did everything else ourselves, it is a lot of work but I really enjoyed it. I remember seeing planners charging up to €5k which is ridiculous.

Advertisement