Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year for 'Proper' Santa

Options
  • 02-09-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a smallie and doing Santa for the first time? Our girl will be two and a half at Christmas and I can't wait for her excitement and anticipation! We didn't bother doing Santa when she hadn't a clue, so this will be a big Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

www.santascottage.ie in the Mournes just outside Rostrevor. Wonderful experience for young and old if you can travel up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We were there 3 times ,it is brilliant:)

I would have santa even if it was just me in the house lol

I love christmas eve and seeing lights and hearing noises and panicing them to bed and I make a huge mess with the carrot and wateron the floor cause Rudolph is a messy eater and sometimes a bit of coal dirt from their feet.

I love christmas with kids:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We were there 3 times ,it is brilliant:)

I would have santa even if it was just me in the house lol

I love christmas eve and seeing lights and hearing noises and panicing them to bed and I make a huge mess with the carrot and wateron the floor cause Rudolph is a messy eater and sometimes a bit of coal dirt from their feet.

I love christmas with kids:)

That sort of magical feeling brings things back to an age of greater innocence. That magical element of Christmas tends to be lost a lot in today's society. It's not really about the next most wanted item being under the tree, it's the simple things..wondering as a child if you could catch a glimpse of the man in red through a half closed eye as you lie anxiously awake when you should be snoring.
    Or the feeling on Christmas morning when you stand by your tree knowing that the true miracle of father Christmas had happened in this very room the night before .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

enjoy every second lazygal,

we found it's amazing the difference between her first christmas (at 2 and a half years old) and her last one (at 4 and a half years old) she wasn't as gullible when we messed something up or forgot something (like santa's cookies, in the end we ended up baking them together and now it's going to be a tradition) for one :D

each year so far has just reminded us how much she's grown and matured and each one has been different she still believes and everything but the questions we get are getting more inquisitive and we are learning year on year what not to do, it's been fun learning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 eishaa

hoodwinked wrote: »
    enjoy every second lazygal,

we found it's amazing the difference between her first christmas (at 2 and a half years old) and her last one (at 4 and a half years old) she wasn't as gullible when we messed something up or forgot something (like santa's cookies, in the end we ended up baking them together and now it's going to be a tradition) for one :D.

This is such a fun tradition to have. My daughter will turn two just after christmas so it will probably be next year when she understands what is going on - I would love my little girl and I to have a tradition like this every christmas eve ! Hopefully she'll love christmas just as much as me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement