Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls Names

Options
  • 02-09-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi,

Have narrowed our girls name list down and was wondering what your thoughts are on the following.....
    1.Emily
    2.Amber
    3.Brooke
    4.Lauren

i know Emily is rather popular but i dont know any children with this name although loads will prob appear in school etc!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Must admit I like all of them. Emily is very popular at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I really don't like Brooke.
    Emily and Lauren are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I really don't like Brooke.
    Emily and Lauren are lovely.

Agreed on this... and I would pick Lauren over Emily...

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭ameee

They are all nice why don't you keep the names on your list and see what suits the baba when you see them? We always had a few favorite names picked and the minute we clapped eyes on them we knew which name suited. Sometimes you can have one definite favourite and it just not feel right when they are born. Just to add I really like Brooke

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

I like them all, Lauren is my favourite though, just think it's beautiful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

All lovely names. I actually like Brooke. I know too many Emilys and Laurens. Amber would be my choice out of those four.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Lovely names. But feel Brooke and Amber are a bit American. Might not be an issue for you though. Jealous of your short list, we still have over 30 names!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I don't know where you live but if you're in Dublin or have Dublin relatives/inlaws just be aware that Brooke may not be pronounced the way you like it. I know a little girl called Brooke and some people pronounce it brewk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Emily has been my favourite name all along- the only thing that has put me off it is that it was the most used on passport applications for little girls last year.
    I don't want the child to be one of 10 Emily girls in her class at school.
    Could still opt for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

Emily has been my favourite name all along- the only thing that has put me off it is that it was the most used on passport applications for little girls last year.
    I don't want the child to be one of 10 Emily girls in her class at school.
    Could still opt for it though.

Yeah it prob would have been top of my list as well only it is so popular.....its a lovely name! Lauren is prob my second fave but i am edging towards Emily.........

• Advertisement
Advertisement