Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody familar with Petra Property Management

Options
  • 01-09-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I am one of the directors at an apartment complex in Dublin 8 and we are currently reviewing our property Management company/agent.

One of the potential property management companies we are considering is Petra Property Management who are based in Sandyford. The guy I have spoken to in their office appears quite clever and competent.

Was just wondering if anybody out there has any experience of dealing with them.

Appreciate your thoughts....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Only thing I could suggest doing is finding out who they currently manage and get in touch with the directors there.
    Showing mount saint Anne's and belarmaine which are fairly big developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Have not heard of them but have pm'd you name of a company tat took over out block in 2011 and would recommend .

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Lola18

Petra are over the estate I'm living in. It takes them weeks to sort things. Often bin shed doors are broken and locked closed. When they eventually sort it it takes weeks for everyone to get a key which leads to a build up of rubbish outside. Tiles on steps were to be replaced which took a couple of years for them to do. Dips in pathways again even with complaints took about two years to be sorted. My landlord and most neighbours have not much good to say about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Junkjack

The management company can only do repairs if the money is there to do them and it obviously has to be approved by the board of directors of the apartment block or property, so I say in your case Lola, your property must be in receivership and the receivers are holding off on approving the repairs which in their eyes are non essential. There are plenty of apartment blocks and commercial units in receivership at the moment and when it's like that the management company have no say really in managing the property

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Junkjack

cavanman wrote: »
    I am one of the directors at an apartment complex in Dublin 8 and we are currently reviewing our property Management company/agent.

One of the potential property management companies we are considering is Petra Property Management who are based in Sandyford. The guy I have spoken to in their office appears quite clever and competent.

Was just wondering if anybody out there has any experience of dealing with them.

Appreciate your thoughts....

I've heard Petra are quite professional

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- if you're responding to this- could you please indicate how you've encountered the company and what your involvement is (aka- I am a tenant in an apartment complex managed by blah and my experience is....... I am on the board of a management company and have appointed blah as our management agent and our experience is blah........ I am a property owner in (somewhere) and have dealt with blah numerous times- my experience is blah........)

There needs to be a level of objectivity- without libeling the company of course- or without pushing an agenda.........

If you post beyond these bounds- your post will be deleted, you may be sanctioned, and this thread will have a short life.

Regards,

The_Conductor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I lived in a development which Wyse looked after. They were excellent. Their main contact was so helpful. Any issue we had was always dealt with and they had an emergency number which we had to use once which again was really helpful at the time.
    They actually lost the contract recently and is now with another firm I shan't name but would have you in tears with frustration. From speaking with others who live in different developments they handle they appear to be notoriously bad.
    I will say they are not Petra though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 annaya

your property must be in receivership and the receivers are holding off on approving the repairs which in their eyes are non essential. There are plenty of apartment blocks and commercial units in receivership at the moment and when it's like that the management company have no say really in managing the property

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bluesteel

PM sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement