Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hours cut but wants to re-educate

Options
  • 01-09-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi All, new here.
    I'm 25 and I have worked in a bar the past 12 months more or less full time 4-6 days a week. 2 weeks ago we got a new manager and everyone's hours are been cut so Im basically working 3 days a week which is more or less Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Im a single father as well so pay child support every week while my ex lets me see the child whenever im free and helps me see him around working hours which helps.

What I am wondering is that is it possible for me to claim social welfare as I am available to work full time but the hours aren't there?
    I also want to go back to education and have a night course (1 night a week for 30 weeks) in mind. Would that effect me if I do apply to social welfare? Any help be greatly appreciated

Advertisement