Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gait analysis/orthodontic insoles at springinyourstep.ie

Options
  • 01-09-2014 10:17am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody used these guys before? I've started running and have insoles for flat feet, which I have had for years. Would something like this be the best bet (may need new insoles) or going into a sports store for a gait analysis? Would runners they recommend suffice?

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/spring-in-your-step-2/44229322

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Anybody used these guys before? I've started running and have insoles for flat feet, which I have had for years. Would something like this be the best bet (may need new insoles) or going into a sports store for a gait analysis? Would runners they recommend suffice?

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/spring-in-your-step-2/44229322

The following conversation has never happened :
    Hello Sir,
    I see from the scan that you have no issue with your feet and don't need to buy anything extra from us.

Go to amphibian king.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm guessing that they would have a very high 'hit rate' for those needing 'customised orthotic insoles'. It's kind of like going to a butcher-shop, to find out if you have an allergy to meat. If you haven't already gone the specialized running shop route, I'd try that first. Nothing to stop you going down the orthotic route after you've been to a specialized running shop. There are some things that make sense in a 'groupon/deals' context and there are others that make less sense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thanks, mostly I am concerned because I have fallen arches and don't know if I need the insoles anyway or would good ruinning shoes do (I am guessing I do so it doesn't matter if a place pushes me to buy things). Will try a shop.

Advertisement