We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Where can I find a good website on egyptian mythology

Comments

in depth research like that requires good old fashioned books. Jstor is a good site for academic publications and hunt down sites related to the Ancient near east as well, since egypt had a substantial role you will find much literature, armana texts etc. i suspect if you put in 'ancient egypt' as a search because it's hugely popular you'll get all manner of crap from free games to conspiracy theories...

google zahi hawass since he is at the moment the epicentre of all things ancient egyptian .

steveone wrote: »
    in depth research like that requires good old fashioned books. Jstor is a good site for academic publications and hunt down sites related to the Ancient near east as well, since egypt had a substantial role you will find much literature, armana texts etc. i suspect if you put in 'ancient egypt' as a search because it's hugely popular you'll get all manner of crap from free games to conspiracy theories...

google zahi hawass since he is at the moment the epicentre of all things ancient egyptian .

So how many major deities were there

So how many major deities were there

go find! because egypt has an extensive history you might want to
    focus on a particular period of time because you will find deities mentioned who simply faded , creation myth stuff, also you have the two empires, upper , lower and unification -with deities relevant to locals but maybe not by the priests of the pharoah. there's a brief flirtation with monotheism (hymn to the ahten?) and then the cults favoured by rome etc. for the standard collective there's a good few of them on the walls of the temple of hathor. look it up, see who's present.

Society & Culture