Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ELECTRICIAL OUTDOOR LIGHTS PROBLEM

Options
  • 31-08-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Tonight I was expecting my 4 outdoor lantern pole lights to come on but they didn't they tripped the switch but it has been doing this on wet evenings and I could put the light on during the day and they would be fine. What causes this I recently dug up all the joiners from under the ground and found that a bit if water seeped in. With this I changed the wire boxes to just normal bridge wire joiners and put tape around them and then a plastic nut bag to prevent water going in but it worked find during the day and I thought it was cured but there was mist in the evening. Do plastic bags start sweating or something . What to do now is there underground joiners out there any advice for me. There just so simple what could be wrong thanks

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Closing this, as it has nothing to do with Open Source software. I see you've already posted in the Electrical forum - I don't think it's any harm to reiterate the advice you've received there, which is that if you don't understand what's going on here, you are risking your life if you do anything other than get a qualified electrician to deal with the problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement