Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 66x zone question

Options
  • 31-08-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Can someone tell me if the 17:00 66x from UCD to Captain's Hill (Leixlip) is entirely within Zone 1? "All stops to Leixlip" is in Zone 1 according to this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,556 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Yes it should be.

Zone 2 refers to trips beyond Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

lxflyer wrote: »
    Yes it should be.

Zone 2 refers to trips beyond Leixlip.

I thought so. The reader on the right deducts €3.50 from my Leap card rather than €2.50, even though the max possible fare on the 17:00 is €2.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

n97 mini wrote: »
    I thought so. The reader on the right deducts €3.50 from my Leap card rather than €2.50, even though the max possible fare on the 17:00 is €2.50.

The ticket machine logs on to the route, there is no option for altering the stage card for specific departures.

The only way to remove the zone 2 stages would be to create a separate route to use for that departure with the extra stages removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

n97 mini wrote: »

It is because it is a 66x and the maximum fare on a 66x is €3.50 so if you scan at the reader it will deduct €3.50 even though that particular variation of the 66x does not have a €3.50. Stupid but so is having buses with the same route number that go to completely different places.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah, the fare on that validator depends on the type of service itself. Not specific to routes. Other than the 238 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

cdebru wrote: »
    Stupid but so is having buses with the same route number that go to completely different places.

Yeah, that confused me too. Didn't help that it didn't show up in the RTPI at all the first morning I used it, and I had to contact DB to verify that it did indeed run.

Advertisement