Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much study do you plan on doing for the leaving cert?

Options
  • 31-08-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Per night... And what points are you aiming for?
    Just curious, I'm in 5th year and I plan on studying medicine in RCSI so I need 550 minimum...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I'm doing 5-7 hours per day. (homework+study)
    Need between 460-530
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Need between 460-530

Holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Need between 460-530

Must be a Lie

coolerboy wrote: »
    Must be a Lie

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 EvenBetter

No.

Bit over the top, don't you think?

You'll be dead after a month. Not a hope you can do that for the whole year.

EvenBetter wrote: »

I'm a slow learner/writer so not really no

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

That's subjective, of course someone who is playing county and who is gone ever day training for 2 hours never mind the transport it may be too much but for some who's focus is on academic success it may not be, I plan on doing close to that amount next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EvenBetter

I'm a slow learner/writer so not really no

But you couldn't possibly have time to relax or do other other activities if you're doing a minimum of five hours work every day?

But you couldn't possibly have time to relax or do other other activities if you're doing a minimum of five hours work every day?

I'll explain. Study class in school + study after school+ and when I get home another few hours depending on how tired I am. It's depends on the day (how many study classes etc.) I'm just finishing maths now and I'll have until 11 for relaxing :) I don't find it that bad tbh. I know it sounds like a lot but I am very slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

I'll explain. Study class in school + study after school+ and when I get home another few hours depending on how tired I am. It's depends on the day (how many study classes etc.) I'm just finishing maths now and I'll have until 11 for relaxing :) I don't find it that bad tbh. I know it sounds like a lot but I am very slow

Everyone has there pace, better doing it all slow then flying through it and learning nothing

Seanf999 wrote: »
    Everyone has there pace, better doing it all slow then flying through it and learning nothing

Exactly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

So far ive been doing hw which takes an average of 2.5 hrs (includes revising over what i did in class, and then around 1.5 to 2 hours of study. I will definitely need to rethink my study technique. I need to start earlier so i can finish earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Fair play to you, keep it going! ;)

I want to get up to that level eventually but I need to pace myself to avoid burnout too. Currently I'm at about 4 and a half hours max, 3 on homework and 90 mins of study each morning.

For my Summer exams last year I spent about 4 hours per subject the night before each exam. That's only about 28 hours total, so if I keep my 90 minutes a day going I'll have done more than that in less than 3 weeks! Imagine keeping that up for a whole year, you'd be laughing when the exams come around.

Advertisement