Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critical feedback on poem

Options
  • 31-08-2014 3:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭

Gone.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Export wrote: »
    Gone.com

I liked it. PutItBackUp.co.uk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

I liked it. PutItBackUp.co.uk

IWillInMeHole.ie

IWillInMeHole.ie

That brings new meaning to: brain freeze.ca

Don't be afraid of expressing yourself. I'm not. Fear just keeps you from going places you need to go.

I just got back to Canada from a week in Ireland and Northern Ireland and had to post something before proceeding. No need to tell me what you think of it . . .

. . . I like it . . . it has my seal of approval . . . and that's what counts.

Here it is: Ode To The Mind

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I read it before you took it down. It was honest, and raw. Real. It read like your thoughts pouring out. Sure, you can always edit, polish and improve work, but you already have a key ingredient: truth.

Oryx wrote: »
    I read it before you took it down. It was honest, and raw. Real. It read like your thoughts pouring out. Sure, you can always edit, polish and improve work, but you already have a key ingredient: truth.

Nice comments, Oryx. I'm kicking myself for not reading it twice. I liked the format, but usually have to read poetry a few times to fully get it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Gone after 2 hours? That's mad. I used to wait days and days for replies when I used to post poems here. Patience is a big part of the process.

Basically, it was ****e lol.

I kinda figured that much. I haven't actually written anything since that one. Lol.

I don't really write for anyone - just to get stuff out of myself.

Anyway, I've received the feedback I needed to hear. Thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You didn't leave it up long enough to get anything out of it. At least be honest with people here.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Basically, it was ****e lol.

I kinda figured that much. I haven't actually written anything since that one. Lol.

I don't really write for anyone - just to get stuff out of myself.

That wasn't what I said. Next time have the courage of your convictions and leave it up.

That wasn't what I said. Next time have the courage of your convictions and leave it up.

Don't have the courage of my convictions. I knew it was crap, and all I needed to hear was that it was crap. Better to know than always wonder.

• Advertisement

From what I remember, it went something like this this:

The Fridge
    Open
    Nothing
    Innit
    Ice cubes
    My arse
    Closed
    Mickey Ds
    Again

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Don't have the courage of my convictions. I knew it was crap, and all I needed to hear was that it was crap. Better to know than always wonder.

Nobody said it was crap or anything near it

From what I remember, it went something like this this:

The Fridge
    Open
    Nothing
    Innit
    Ice cubes
    My arse
    Closed
    Mickey Ds
    Again