Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carls Special (and other danish beers)

Options
  • 31-08-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

So ive just moved back to ireland from Denmark. One of the many things im missing is a Carlsberg beer called Carls Special..

Anybody know of anywhere in the south Dublin area where they would sell more Danish beers?

Carls Special is Carlsberg's darker beer. Very nice. Comes in a cream and yellow coloured bottle/can. Im also on the lookout for Carlsberg Elephant, Carlsberg 47 and Tuborg Classic

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You'll find Tuborg easily enough, but I doubt you'll get any of the rest.

Decent off licences in south Dublin are the likes of Redmond's of Ranelagh, Deveney's Dundrum and Deveney's Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

Cheers for that! I must check them out.

Tuborg Classic is actually different to the standard tuborg. Again its a bit darker. They also sell tuborg gold and tuborg sommer over there but I think realistically there's no chance of finding them here.

Id definitely recommend giving the different carlsbergs and tuborgs a try if you ever find them. Much nicer than the standard ones.

Yeah, they're OK. But with one of the most varied and high quality beer scenes in Europe, if not the world, Denmark has plenty of better stuff to spend your kroner on than Carlsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

I dunno to be honest. I never drink the standard Carlsberg but the other ones are genuinely good in my opinion.

While I was living there I tried to sample as many different beers as I could but I dont think id be as knowledgeable about beer as the folks on this forum.

Might be worth mentioning im a student so my views on beer are influenced by the ol' budget. Living in Copenhagen didn't help on that front either!

RoundBox11 wrote: »
    Living in Copenhagen didn't help on that front either!
    Ha! I'll bet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CaptainAhab

I lived there myself and developed a taste for the Tuborg Guld and Carls Special myself also - I moved back home a few years ago and have never seen them in the shops at all myself so I don't think you will have much luck..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Diageos licence for Carlsberg here means all you'll get is the Irish brewed Carlsberg and Tuborg unless a retailer does the entire import chain themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

MYOB wrote: »
    Diageos licence for Carlsberg here means all you'll get is the Irish brewed Carlsberg and Tuborg unless a retailer does the entire import chain themselves.

This. Last time I was up north I had a look but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

BeerNut wrote: »
    Yeah, they're OK. But with one of the most varied and high quality beer scenes in Europe, if not the world, Denmark has plenty of better stuff to spend your kroner on than Carlsberg.

Which is quite strange considering the lack of pubs in the country, compared to Ireland, UK, Belgium or Germany.

Advertisement