Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electrician looking to upgrade van

Options
  • 26-08-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I am just looking for a bit of info on choosing an upgrade from my Ford transit swb van. I have it over a year and it's fine but 1 or 2 things have given trouble so I need to upgrade. I have about €4000 . I'm an electrician so need to have room for storage but nothing huge like a sprinter! It has to be something reliable and nice to drive and good on diesel and preferably 3seats. I was thinking swb vw transporter or swb Nissan primastar. Any advice would be a help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭bigroad

All vans seem to have their fair share of problems ,but of the two you have listed i would choose the transporter in 1.9tdi form for the simple reason that they hold their value.Oh yea and check the gearbox and clutch are in good working order.

Spending 4k I would think there isn't much advantage spending it on something that holds its value :) the seller is getting the benefit.

I had a vivaro lwb last weekend, was quite good, primastar is similar, wouldn't turn you off a decent example.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 robinod180

Ya the vivaro is also on my list but it would be the swb version again. Any idea how much the ex esb vans go for at the auctions? They would be ideal, fully kitted out and ready to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

robinod180 wrote: »
    I am just looking for a bit of info on choosing an upgrade from my Ford transit swb van. I have it over a year and it's fine but 1 or 2 things have given trouble so I need to upgrade. I have about €4000 . I'm an electrician so need to have room for storage but nothing huge like a sprinter! It has to be something reliable and nice to drive and good on diesel and preferably 3seats. I was thinking swb vw transporter or swb Nissan primastar. Any advice would be a help.

dont touch an opel vivaro or nissan/renault traffic as i had one for 18 months and was honestlly nothing but TROUBLE it had 3 new gearboxes put in and all same fault loosing oil constant electrical problems which meant it would keep going into limp mode it was a pile if SHXTE

Advertisement