Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodgement machine and service

Options
  • 31-08-2014 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Dear all, I would like to express how unimpressed and disappointed I am using the lodgement machine in the TSB branch.

On Wednesday this week I went to the branch to lodge some money into my account using the lodgement machine outside the branch, everything seems fine until it wouldn't accept some of the notes but at that moment I thought it doesn't matter since sometimes it's like that, so I touch the lodge more button then everything went downhill. When I finished clicking the lodge more button the opening where I should put the notes in open and close a few times but it stays open so I put the notes in, but it wouldn't accept the note so I repeat what I did and then it lodge the money in but give me a piece of paper saying one of my €20 note is a "suspect counterfeit note", and I should "go into the branch for detail", the issue is it was lunch time and I have to go back to work so I couldn't go in and wait for someone to give me an explanation.

At that afternoon I rang the open24 and talked to one of the adviser over the issue.
    He asked me "where the note came from?"
    and I said to him "I work in a restaurant and it's a company policy that the wages is pay by the cash in the restaurant."
    "Are you sure it is not a counterfeit note?"
    "Yes, I am very sure because our company has use the machine to check whether or not it is counterfeit and I checked it myself as well when I get home."
    Then the adviser said he will ask one of the staff work in the branch to I ring me tomorrow and discuss the issue from there.

The next day no one from the bank ring me and I have to ring open24 again, it is another adviser and I have to tell him what have happened again. At the end of the conversation I asked him when will the staff from branch will ring me and he answered "I couldn't tell you for sure.".

Then on Friday lunch time one of the staff rang me, his attitude is what disappoint and upset me the most.
    He said:"The €20 note is a forged."
    I am dumbfounded and thought I heard him wrong so I asked. :"Sorry, what do you mean by forged?"
    I think he starts to get annoyed and said:"It means that note is a counterfeit note."
    "It couldn't be a counterfeit note, I used the machine at the restaurant to checked it and I checked it again when I get home."
    "Then your machine is broken!"and before I could say anything he continued "all I can do now is to give you a receipt."

I am very upset over his attitude and the service TSB provided as I have to chased them about the issue and being accused I was definitely wrong as he "checked it and I said it is a forged." , and the most important part is I lodged some part of my wages to AIB using the machine on Wednesday and nothing happen.

Advertisement