Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert study?

Options
  • 30-08-2014 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Hi I'm 17 just gone into 5th year and so far I'm doing all higher bar maths (basically ignoring maths)
    I'm doing The big 3, biology, geography and business along with French as my language.

My aim is 550 but the higher the better as my goal is to study medicine, and I I don't get in I will simply repeat.

How much study would I be looking at to get the points I need?

I realised that getting 550 is a tall order but I really can't see myself doing anything else..

So basically I'm just wondering how much study I should be doing, and if you have any study tips or most importantly Exam taking tips as I don't know many if any..

My method at the minute is flash cards as that seems to be working for biology and vocab.. And as for test taking I don't have any strategy or any discipline to it so if you have any input that would be golden, Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

I am nearly 99% positive you need two science subjects for medicine. I'm doing the LC this year and hope to med too and have the 3 picked

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

Theboybang wrote: »
    I am nearly 99% positive you need two science subjects for medicine. I'm doing the LC this year and hope to med too and have the 3 picked

I've checked it out and there is a 6 year course (opposed to the 5) where you do not need 2 science subjects nor do you need higher maths, I'm good at chemistry just not 90% good haha

Best of luck on the leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

Thanks ! Am trying to get a study timetable done so I can get down to it straight away , have you come across a good LC one?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

Theboybang wrote: »
    Thanks ! Am trying to get a study timetable done so I can get down to it straight away , have you come across a good LC one?

No I haven't sorry but I I do I'll let ya know!
    Your best bet is to ask your teachers and adapt that for yourself.

Advertisement